Kilheure

Disk Image with Raspbian and OpenElec

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi there,

I am a beginner with the Raspberry Pi but I was able to update to the latest version of OpenElect on the SD card.
Using the Mac terminal, I would like as well to have OpenElec and Raspbian on the same card. I see how to have one, but not the two. Do I need to partition the SD card somehow? will the Raspberry be able to ask at log on which OS to start with?
Last edited by Kilheure on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gkaiseril

Re: Disk Image with Raspbian and OpenElec

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:32 pm

You need to install a boot manger and the system's images. NOOBS and BerryBoot are two such programs. You may need to build the programs and images per the documentation for the product you use. Both programs have documentation on how to build the install files.

The current version of NOOBs has Raspberian and LibreElec. LibreElec maybe a better choice than OpenElec.

davidcoton

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:08 pm

You will also find that PINN is an improved version of NOOBS, and well supported here by @procount, its author.
"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is."
“Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation”
The Pink Unicorn is a symbol of commitment to sensible discussion of future versions of the Raspberry Pi ™

procount

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Thanks for the plug ;)
PINN can install Raspbian, OpenELEC and LibreELEC amongst others, so take your pick!
PINN - NOOBS with the extras... https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=142574

Return to “Beginners”