I am totally new to Raspberry Pi so please excuse me if I don't yet know all the obvious things. I am looking for guidance on what all components I would need to buy to do a little project I am planning to build using RP.
The project I have in mind:
When an object comes closer, take a picture, store it on a SD card, send it to a remote server, receive the confirmation from the remote server and finally lit up a LED.
Little more technical details/steps:
- A camera attached to RP will take a picture when an object is detected by the IR sensor.
- The picture doesn't have to be a very high resolution one, but camera should be able to take clear pictures in low light conditions.
- Picture will first needs to be stored on an on-board SD card and then sent to a remote server (somewhere on internet) over HTTP (via REST API POST call).
- The response from the remote server will be a very small JSON document that will be processed/read and the value of one of key in the response document will be stored on SD card.
- Once everything is successfully completed, a small LED light will be lit to indicate the success.
Q1: Will RP Zero W be powerful enough for this project or would I really need the extra power that RP 3 provides?
I would like to have the whole round trip (object coming in proximity sensor's field to LED lighting up) to not take more than 10 seconds. Keeping in mind that once picture is posted to the remote server, it takes about 5 seconds to receive the response document. Meaning, would like RP side of things to not take more than 5 seconds.
Q2: What other components would I need. Here is what I am thinking:
I don't have:
- Small camera
I already have:
- Infrared Obstacle Sensor (I have one of those cheap 4-pins avoid sensor module)
- Small LED light
- USB (if using RP3) or wireless/BT enabled (if using RP Zero W) keyboard and mouse
- microUSB cable
- microSD card
- An external monitor or TV
- HDMI or VGA cable to connect RP to monitor
- A small breadboard
- Several jumper wires
Is that it or did I miss something? Would I need any specific cable/wire/adapter to connect any of these components to RP? Which camera module should I buy? I will highly appreciate if you can tell me the exact component model (and maybe place to buy too). I have been Googling around and getting lost.
Thanks you all in advance for helping me start exploring RP and get going with this project.