GeyikBaba

Raspbian Stretch - Bluetooth Speakers

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Just bought and setup up Raspberry Pi Sunday. The version is Raspbian Stretch.

All is working except bluetooth. I have been able to get a bluetooth device, Bose Color Soundlink, to pair with Rasp Pi, but no sound.

The bluetooth icon > Remove Device, says Bose Color SoundLink is paired, and is available to remove.

In the bluetooth dropdown icon, when I click on Connect net to the Bose Color Soundlink , I receive the error

"Connection failed - Use the audio menu to connect to this device"

So where is the "audio menu"? is it Preferences > Audio Device Settings?

If so, the sound card is bcm2835 ALSA (Alsa mixer) (Default)
no controls visible

When I try to pair the speaker, I get the message
"Paired successfully. Use the audio menu to select as output device"

Back in audio device settings, everything looks the same. I made PCM the default control, that's the only one available, ` but nothing changed - no sound.

Plugged headphones into jack in Rasp Pi, no sound. Made PCM the default in Audio Device Settings -- still no sound.

I cannot find anything that is muted.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike Thomas

totolkuhitmingaw

Re: Raspbian Stretch - Bluetooth Speakers

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:00 pm

same problem with me.

GeyikBaba

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Pretty annoying. AlsoMixer seems to be set up correctly. Could it be a defective unit.

Command $ speaker-test

Seems to produce correct output, but cannot hear any noise in plugged in headphones

Mike Thomas

GeyikBaba

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Some progress. Can get sound now through external speaker connected to R Pi via cable. Still not working with bluetooth.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -config.md

Mike Thomas

fbe

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:35 pm

GeyikBaba wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:31 pm
"Connection failed - Use the audio menu to connect to this device"

So where is the "audio menu"? is it Preferences > Audio Device Settings?
Right click on the speaker in the taskbar.

RexRoper

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:04 am

I am having the same type of problem. Braven Bluetooth speaker pairs, but will not connect. I get into the same loop as GeyikBaba, "Connection failed - Use the audio menu to connect to this device".

looking forward to getting this to work properly, but I do not know what to try next.

R&R

RexRoper

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:07 am

Yes, I posted before reading the last reply :o

...you GO!, boy :roll:

david.benucci

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 am

Thanks! Following your instructions I managed to connect my BT speakers to Pi3. But my goal is using them with mopidy. How can do that? With Jessie version of Raspbian I managed to do it with pulseaudio but with stretch version pulseaudio but with pulseaudio I cannot play a you tube video anymore (with Bt speaker or HDMI). Please help me.

rasgull

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:31 am

Similar problem here,
I'm testing with my favorite Bluetooth speaker (Anker A7908) what works with all my phones and computers.

In raspberry PI 3
"Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"

[*]Got PulseAudio installed and working with standard output (HDMI)
[*]Got my Bluetooth speaker connected (Anker A7908)
[*]In the "Volume Control" (PulseAudio interface) It shows up as (Anker A7908)
- Tab "Configuration"; (Anker A7908) Options are: "Headset Head Unit (HSP/HFP)", "High Fidelity Playback (ADP Sink)", "Off". When I select between them I can hear the Speaker react.
- Tab "Output devices"; Port: "Headset" (Only option) ! When I move the volume slider above 100% my Anker Beeps as it does when you reach max volume, the physical volume buttons on my speaker also makes the slider react in the right way.
- Tab "Playback" I started a simple Phyton game "Tetromino" and it's sound plays when I have the "bcm2835 ALSA Analog Stereo" selected as the output. BUT, when I select (Anker A7908) NO SOUND PLAYS.

PROBLEM: when I select (Anker A7908) NO SOUND PLAYS.

I want to follow this thread to see if we find a solution.

mercurybreza

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:17 pm

I am having a similar issue followed all the prompts in previous post and my speakers are detected and connected but no sound. Is there an easy fix for this ? I have a pi3 and the latest release. Is pulse audio the problem and is it required to run bluetooth speakers ?

mattmiller

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Assuming its paired OK , have you done the bit about right-clicking the volume control and selecting your BT speaker as the playback device

graham-h

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:17 pm

Same issue here. BT speaker is connected, and selected in drop-down, but sound (from banshee) still goes to HDMI.

Douglas6

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 pm

Try using raspi-config to force audio to the onboard audio-out jack.

graham-h

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but that wasn't it. After some poking about I find I can play music with mpg321 or aplay to a BT speaker. speaker-test does not work as reported above. banshee does not work and I suspect most other media players won't work from what I read on the bluez-alsa git comments.

fruitoftheloom

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:32 pm

graham-h wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, but that wasn't it. After some poking about I find I can play music with mpg321 or aplay to a BT speaker. speaker-test does not work as reported above. banshee does not work and I suspect most other media players won't work from what I read on the bluez-alsa git comments.

omxplayer is the default media player in Raspbian OS.
My only "PC" is an Asus ChromeBit running ChromeOS, cloudcentric at its best !
Rockchip Quad-Core RK3288C ARM32 SoC as used in ASUS Chromebook C201 & Chromebook Flip C100PA as well as the Tinker SBC.
3 Mobile Huawei E5330 Mobile Mi-Fi

W9JSW

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Same problem here. Paired Anker Soundcore. selected it in audio list. and I get a paired beep. No audio. Does not list a device under aplay -l. I will note that the audio icon config does not work as well for a C-Media USB device. It does not change the default away from the onboard audio. I am wanting to run Pithos which is a Pandora streaming player. It plays to the default sound.

Return to “Beginners”