burgergetsbored

Transmission torrent client?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Hey what I'd like to do is be able to use my raspberry pi as a torrent client using transmission so I can leave it on 24/7. I'd like to be able to access transmission through a web client so that I can use my tablet /phone (hopefully on a different network too), to get the torrents then I could just remove the SD card and copy the files to my laptop. I can't seem to find a way of doing it except using the GUI which just goes ridiculously slow. Cheers for any help!

gblazer

Re: Transmission torrent client?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:08 am

I have been tinkering with that idea myself, however I tried to install ruTorrent. The issue that I ran into is that I couldn't get apache to install properly, because I was working with tutorials that were poorly written for Debian. This was also before the latest Debian launched.

I'd love to work with you to create a seedbox with you. We'll have to use Raspbian to get the bugger to work properly.

burgergetsbored

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 am

the problem I'm not really big on Linux, so I don;t really know where to even start! Got it going last night over night by just installing transmission to the desktop and remote desktop'in into it, but that was painstakingly slow ! I've heard thigns about being able to use transmission without the GUI on the pi and just using a gui over the web to control it but no idea where to start that!

ski522

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm

transmission-daemon will do what you are looking for

sudo apt-get install transmission-daemon

Can learn more about setting it up at http://www.webupd8.org/2009/12/setting- ... ui-in.html

Return to “Beginners”