Wobbles

RPI to authenticate other RPIś

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:57 pm

hi, i am looking to create some python code that will only run on specific RPIś , my idea is to contain within the script an authentication check by submitting a string to the host RPI . Should the host RPI have a match the python script will run . The question is how do i send the string between the two devices over both LAN or WAN conection.

W. H. Heydt

Re: RPI to authenticate other RPIś

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 am

You can, under program control, establish a connection between two machines. That's how things like PuTTY ssh, pscp and similar programs work. a somehwat larger question is...why? What are you going to do to prevent someone from modifying the Python code to eliminate the check and just act as if the authentication was good without doing it?

Wobbles

Re: RPI to authenticate other RPIś

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 am

W. H. Heydt wrote:You can, under program control, establish a connection between two machines. That's how things like PuTTY ssh, pscp and similar programs work. a somehwat larger question is...why? What are you going to do to prevent someone from modifying the Python code to eliminate the check and just act as if the authentication was good without doing it?
The MAC Address of the device will be used along with an algorithm. If someone is clever enough to duplicate it then i can live live with it as other factors are taken into account additionally.

Return to “Beginners”