bbrace

Nothing on my screen, but PI has booted.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 am

{having wasted years of my life struggling with what turns out to be defective computer elsewhere junk, I really need this PI to work} I eventually bought two of everything and still can't get more than a lit screen -- the ethernet cable lights come on as does the red light once -- I have plugin small screens and bought NOOBS software preinstalled on SDs -- good lord I can't take much more!

scruss

Re: Nothing

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:22 am

What screen do you have? Some of them need special software - most likely not included in NOOBS - to display.

Can you try connecting one of your Raspberry Pis to an HDMI monitor or television? That should work, or at least give us an idea as to what's going wrong.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

alphanumeric

Re: Nothing

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm

If your using PiTFT screens connected via GPIO, as far as I know, they need a custom kernel, and some custom setup to work. As mentioned above, If you haven't already, try HDMI to a TV or PC monitor. With the PiTFT screens removed. With NOOBS, you can install Raspbian with no Internet connection. Anything else requires an internet connection though, it has to be downloaded first to install.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Nothing on my screen, but PI has booted.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 pm

You could do worse than to have a look at the boot problem sticky, it might explain some points you might not know.
By the way, the fact that ethernet lights come on means that the PI at least has booted the kernel.

Return to “Beginners”