Tdi-Me

Virtual-machine

Fri May 05, 2017 9:03 pm

I am trying to set up a virtual box to do the initial setup of the raspberry pie but i keep having issues with windows 10 saying the img file is corrupt. I am trying to mount the .img file as a virtual drive which i could then point virtual box to use as a drive. Its just maddedning that it keeps saying its corrupt. I have compared the sha1 and it matches.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Virtual-machine

Fri May 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Tdi-Me wrote:I am trying to set up a virtual box to do the initial setup of the raspberry pie but i keep having issues with windows 10 saying the img file is corrupt. I am trying to mount the .img file as a virtual drive which i could then point virtual box to use as a drive. Its just maddedning that it keeps saying its corrupt. I have compared the sha1 and it matches.
QEMU can emulate some ARM CPUs you need to Google for how to emulate a Raspberry Pi.

Virtual Box emulates x86 CPUs which is useless as the RPi does not have that CPU Architrcture.
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

Tdi-Me

Fri May 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Thank you very much. I cant imagine how much time you just save me from banging my head against the wall.

pi_everalm

Sat May 06, 2017 11:15 am

If you are just trying to set up an automated setup for building a scripted customised Pi setup have you looked at PiBakery.? Probably covers most needs

http://pibakery.org/about.html

Return to “Beginners”