StaticVI

I dont know where to start.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Hello,
New here dont know where to start asking questions for projects. or to get advice on what i may need to do.

I just got my RPi 3. i bought it for a project. I will state the goal first. I have a Ambient Weather WS-1400-IP (Wireless) and a Sricam AP004 IP Camera that i would like to hook up to it. but would like to have the webcam be able to be accessed from a phone or browser somehow. the whole set up will be set up on top of a mountain ran by Solar power or wind turbines. still trying to figuer out the best way to get it connected to the internet. but would like to have it all running before going up the mountain with it.

ban6

Re: I dont know where to start.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:08 pm

You can share your data (video etc.) over Internet as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eSSExIWkgY
The source code for the web app they are using seems to be available in this repository: https://bitbucket.org/DawnRobotics/rasp ... camera_bot

Ban,
JavaFX tutorials
Last edited by ban6 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B.Goode

Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Before building anything, my first step would be to work out how to get an Internet connection on the top of that mountain. (If you can't solve that at a price that is acceptable then nothing else is relevant.)

StaticVI

Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:41 pm

B.Goode wrote:Before building anything, my first step would be to work out how to get an Internet connection on the top of that mountain. (If you can't solve that at a price that is acceptable then nothing else is relevant.)
Hey thanks we are going to have a wifi hotspot with a antenna we have up there i was told the antenna make us able to have 4g and the hotspot working up there.

TideMan

Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:21 pm

For the weather station software, have a look at CumulusMX (Google it), which is set up for use with RPi3.
It includes templates for a webpage and transmission of data to Wunderground, etc.

Return to “Beginners”