wonderingwalker
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact: Website

action 'action 17' suspended

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:20 am

I'm sorry to open again on the issue "action 'action 17' suspended" in the sylog of my raspi's (all 3)
This issue and " dhcpcd[509]: eth0: Router Advertisement from" is an other pain in the a(xis)....
Oh yes there are many itims on the intenet, but, I do appligize, sombody should me take by the hand, and show my a sollution?
I'm not the kind of Raspi-User that knows where all the bits and byts are in the system...
I'm old school... But nevertheless I would like to know
Is there something I did? Or didn't?
Should I doe something...

Is there a noob³ tut for thos errors?

a hopeless user of Raspberry
Please?
Kind regards,
WW

I use my raspi for
1. Weather station with a WMR88 (programm WVIW)
2. Files server (3 HD 1T)
3. MedPi & annex RF-Outlet (I have to take meds on time & there are some outlets to contoll)
[/s]

mfa298
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 am

Re: action 'action 17' suspended

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:06 am

wonderingwalker wrote:I'm sorry to open again on the issue "action 'action 17' suspended" in the sylog of my raspi's (all 3)
This is a bug in the rsyslog config from debian (which raspbian is based off).

It's something you can ignore, its just saying that the buffer (/dev/xconsole) used by some (rare) applications is full.

You can clear that buffer by reading from it (cat /dev/xconsole), but then it'll fill up again over time. You can also remove a bit of configuration to stop that buffer being used.

As root edit the /etc/rsyslog.conf file and remove the following lines from the bottom of the file.

Code: Select all

daemon.*;mail.*;\
        news.err;\
        *.=debug;*.=info;\
        *.=notice;*.=warn       |/dev/xconsole
(you could also comment them out by putting a # at the start of the lines)

You can then restart the rsyslog service with

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl restart rsyslog.service
or reboot.

wonderingwalker wrote: and " dhcpcd[509]: eth0: Router Advertisement from" is an other pain in the a(xis)....
That may be related to how your dhcp server (likely the router works). Without the full messages it's harder to suggest much.

wonderingwalker
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact: Website

Re: action 'action 17' suspended

Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:56 pm

@ mfa298 ,

I do thank you for this clear explanation.

I'll put a full repport on your desk, tomorrow at 09:00. :D
tomorrow, we will see moere. I surly let you know.
Jun 23 18:16:06 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:17:01 SmsRasPi CRON[1868]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jun 23 18:18:24 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:21:22 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:23:25 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:25:40 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:26:55 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:29:44 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:31:32 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:33:30 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:35:52 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:36:17 SmsRasPi gammu-smsd[1842]: Received message from: +32495226222
These are a sample of the long list of the same error.

I'm Belgium. And connected to Telenet. I have the latest modem. This modem works as the dhcp server.
However my raspberry's have all a fixed IP adres.
Mybe I maked there an orror in the configuration?

Code: Select all

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)

# Please note that this file is written to be used with dhcpcd
# For static IP, consult /etc/dhcpcd.conf and 'man dhcpcd.conf'

# Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
# source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
gateway 192.168.0.1

# allow-hotplug wlan0
# iface wlan0 inet manual
#    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

# allow-hotplug wlan1
# iface wlan1 inet manual
#    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

This is a sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces list...

I know there is the old school again...

Thanks in advanced

WW

mfa298
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 am

Re: action 'action 17' suspended

Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:14 pm

wonderingwalker wrote:
Jun 23 18:16:06 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:17:01 SmsRasPi CRON[1868]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jun 23 18:18:24 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:21:22 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:23:25 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:25:40 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:26:55 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:29:44 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:31:32 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:33:30 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:35:52 SmsRasPi dhcpcd[388]: eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::5667:51ff:fe0f:c8d1
Jun 23 18:36:17 SmsRasPi gammu-smsd[1842]: Received message from: +32495226222
These are a sample of the long list of the same error.
I get some similar messages which look to be related to IPv6. So far I've just ignored them.


wonderingwalker wrote: Mybe I maked there an orror in the configuration?

Code: Select all

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
# Please note that this file is written to be used with dhcpcd
# For static IP, consult /etc/dhcpcd.conf and 'man dhcpcd.conf'
Your answer for how to configure Static IPs is in your question, This isn't what leads to the messages you see above, but could lead to other issues.

Personally I'd recommend having the router provide a static ip/reservation to the Pi so you don't need to configure it on the Pi manually, this also means it'll work if you re-install the Pi, and also the Pi will work if you plug it into another network.

wonderingwalker
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact: Website

Re: action 'action 17' suspended

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Do You maen this way?

A sample configuration for dhcpcd

Code: Select all

 .
# See dhcpcd.conf(5) for details.

# Allow users of this group to interact with dhcpcd via the control socket.
#controlgroup wheel

# Inform the DHCP server of our hostname for DDNS.
hostname = SmsRasPi

# Use the hardware address of the interface for the Client ID.
# clientid
# or
# Use the same DUID + IAID as set in DHCPv6 for DHCPv4 ClientID as per RFC4361.
#duid

# Persist interface configuration when dhcpcd exits.
# persistent

# Rapid commit support.
# Safe to enable by default because it requires the equivalent option set
# on the server to actually work.
# option rapid_commit

# A list of options to request from the DHCP server.
# option domain_name_servers, domain_name, domain_search, host_name
# option classless_static_routes
# Most distributions have NTP support.
option ntp_servers
# Respect the network MTU.
# Some interface drivers reset when changing the MTU so disabled by default.
#option interface_mtu

# A ServerID is required by RFC2131.
# require dhcp_server_identifier

# Generate Stable Private IPv6 Addresses instead of hardware based ones
# slaac private

# A hook script is provided to lookup the hostname if not set by the DHCP
# server, but it should not be run by default.
# nohook lookup-hostname

interface eth0
static ip_address=192.168.0.100/24
static routers=192.168.0.1
static domain_name_servers=8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
static domain_search=

And this for the interfaces.

Code: Select all

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)

# Please note that this file is written to be used with dhcpcd
# For static IP, consult /etc/dhcpcd.conf and 'man dhcpcd.conf'

# Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
 source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
 iface wlan0 inet manual

# iface eth0 inet static
# address 192.168.0.100
# netmask 255.255.255.0
# network 192.168.0.0
# broadcast 192.168.0.255
# gateway 192.168.0.1

 allow-hotplug wlan0
 iface wlan0 inet manual
    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

 allow-hotplug wlan1
 iface wlan1 inet manual
    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
I would use dhcp adresses, but I have to read from the Raspi's.

Kind regards

WW

Return to “Beginners”