Nitul
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 5:56 am

Where is the official download for Raspberry Pi wheezy debian image?

In download page there is only jessie version.
Link: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

User avatar
rpdom
Posts: 15592
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:17 am
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 6:05 am

Wheezy is no longer supported, although you might find links to old images if you search the forums (tip: use a search engine, not the forum search box).

Is there any good reason you don't want to use the current Jessie image?

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 6:49 am

Nitul wrote:Where is the official download for Raspberry Pi wheezy debian image?

In download page there is only jessie version.
Link: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspb ... 2015-05-07

It does not natively support the RPi 3B or Zero and is End of Life...
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

Nitul
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 11:14 am

rpdom wrote:Wheezy is no longer supported, although you might find links to old images if you search the forums (tip: use a search engine, not the forum search box).

Is there any good reason you don't want to use the current Jessie image?
For jessie official chromium is not available.

Nitul
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 11:19 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Nitul wrote:Where is the official download for Raspberry Pi wheezy debian image?

In download page there is only jessie version.
Link: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspb ... 2015-05-07

It does not natively support the RPi 3B or Zero and is End of Life...
You added Link : https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspb ... 2015-05-07
But I seen : https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/
Latest version is : 2016-05-13

Is it safe to use latest or 2015-05-07 is stable?

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 11:25 am

Nitul wrote:
rpdom wrote:Wheezy is no longer supported, although you might find links to old images if you search the forums (tip: use a search engine, not the forum search box).

Is there any good reason you don't want to use the current Jessie image?
For jessie official chromium is not available.
FYI
Chromium (version 22 ?) In Raspbian Wheezy was not an "Official" build and has many features missing.

Due to Chromium using the Blink Browser Engine from version 29 it was not feasible to run on the ARMv6 architecture of the RPi 1 and 0.

Debian from which Raspbian is based pulled Chromium Browser from their Repositories..

There is a workaround to install Chromium Browser in Raspbian Jessie on the RPi 2B & 3B

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=121195

Though if you have a RPi 1 or 0, IceWeasel (Firefox) Browser is a available from the repositories.
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 11:30 am

Nitul wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Nitul wrote:Where is the official download for Raspberry Pi wheezy debian image?

In download page there is only jessie version.
Link: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspb ... 2015-05-07

It does not natively support the RPi 3B or Zero and is End of Life...
You added Link : https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspb ... 2015-05-07
But I seen : https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/
Latest version is : 2016-05-13

Is it safe to use latest or 2015-05-07 is stable?
You requested Wheezy which is not natively supported on the RPi 3B and Zero and indeed the last Wheezy Release was a year ago:

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspb ... 2015-05-07

Later ones like you linked are Jessie....
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

mikerr
Posts: 2789
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: UK
Contact: Website

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 12:47 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:[

You requested Wheezy which is not natively supported on the RPi 3B and Zero and indeed the last Wheezy Release was a year ago:

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspb ... 2015-05-07
That particular wheezy image doesn't support RPi 3B and Zero (it was made before those models were released)
but will if updated using an older pi first:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=137111&p=981612#p981612
Android app - Raspi Card Imager - download and image SD cards - No PC required !

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 6084
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:36 pm
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

The wheezy nightly images set up ages ago by plugwash ages ago are still running. I haven't tried any of them in a long time, but it might be worth a shot.
http://build-master.raspberrypi.org/nig ... eezy-1.zip

mikerr
Posts: 2789
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: UK
Contact: Website

Re: Raspberry Pi wheezy image

Tue May 31, 2016 1:44 pm

ShiftPlusOne wrote:The wheezy nightly images set up ages ago by plugwash ages ago are still running. I haven't tried any of them in a long time, but it might be worth a shot.
http://build-master.raspberrypi.org/nig ... eezy-1.zip
Good spot, I'll burn one now and check (as I have a nice 100Mb VM connection )

[edit] now downloaded and tested latest build linked above: 20160531

That image does boot on both pi3 and Zero - but the desktop menu is inoperable.

The menu bar just jumps every few seconds without any user input, and isn't usable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFueS6eywHA
(that's the disadvantage of nightly builds - maybe go back a bit further ?)

[edit] -grr went back a day to 2016-05-30 and had same problem, as did 2016-05-01

so I jumped right back to March (2016-03-02 after pi3 release) and found that one works fine.

Here's the link to the latest one confirmed working wheezy on pi3 and zero:

http://build-master.raspberrypi.org/nig ... eezy-1.zip
Android app - Raspi Card Imager - download and image SD cards - No PC required !

Return to “Beginners”