C_SHARPBERRY

Minimum requirements?

Fri May 13, 2016 10:29 pm

I just purchased my raspberry pi 3 model b version 1.2 and cannot get pass the red led light. NOOBS came preinstalled, hdmi, and power cable. It was a Canakit bundle. What are the minimum requirements to bootup? I'm thinking I could use the process of elimination if I knew the requirements. For instance should the raspberry pi boot up with only power cable and noob card? If so then the preinstalled card needs to be recreated, I'm guessing. Thanks for any help

W. H. Heydt

Re: Minimum requirements?

Sat May 14, 2016 12:30 am

Pre-installed NOOBS cards are somewhat notorious for not having a reasonably current release on them. I suggest that you download and install the latest release, either NOOBS or Raspbian and go from there.

masa-aud

Sat May 14, 2016 1:00 am

reply to C_SHARPBERRY on minimum reqs
Recommended seems firstly to check voltage of supplied power especially when no red LED, also re-checking micro USB plug and SD card surely connected into your Pi.

masa

Rive

Sat May 14, 2016 3:00 am

just purchased my raspberry pi 3 model b version 1.2 and cannot get pass the red led light
The red LED is always there, and always on if the Pi3 has power to it. When it flashes or blinks...then that means you have a problem.
DNPNWO

Return to “Beginners”