thatrushygeek

Touch capable through composite??

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:33 am

So here's my plan in a nutshell. . .

Raspberry Pi 2B, WiFi Module, BlueTooth Module, Composite RCA Video output.
I would like to install Android (I have a few options including RaspAnd) and use this to connect to my touchscreen head unit. I will use this setup for media and diagnostics, think apps like Torque and DashCommand.

Question: Will this touchscreen actually translate properly with the Pi2, Will I get the full touch capabilities though RCA as that is the only connection available to me?? Should I just buy a dedicated Pi2 touchscreen and start from there?

btw: WVGA 800x480, 16.9 aspect, 7 inch, resistive touch for the screen specs. If you are curious about the deck, it is a Pioneer AVH-x4700BS.

thanks for any replies, I am a bit new and I am going straight to the deeper end ;p

DirkS

Re: Touch capable through composite??

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 am

No idea. You'll pprobably have to find drivers it.
And since it's about Android you're probably better off asking this question in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-rpi

drgeoff

Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:11 pm

RCA video is an ouput from the RPi. The touch part of a touch screen provides an output. I think you can put two and two together. (Hint: an output can be connected to an input, not an output.)

What sort of output does the touch screen have?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

pksato

Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi,
display panel and touch panel are separated device.
If you can make touch panel to work, not need to sit on from of monitor.
You can not use touch on working AVH-x4700BS.
Removed panel can be work if use some standard protocol, sw and hw. And proper wiring.

Return to “Beginners”