elter1ster

AC712 and raspberry Pi via wireless

Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi,

I need some help, when I start investigate what I need with my Project. Can somebody help me with my issue?

I try to make current sensor which should connect with Raspberry Pi via wireless. Which other components I need that configuration is possible create. I don´t need help with coding, but hardware list I needed.

This moment I find that I need next components:
- Mainboard:
- Raspberry Pi

- Sensor:
- Current Sensor Module ACS712
- ESP8266 Serial WIFI Wireless Transceiver Module
- Some resistors and possible capacitors?
- Power supply

- So how there is possible create wireless connection between sensor and Raspberry Pi?
- Should I add some kind of wireless transceveir to the mainboard with Raspberry Pi?

- Do I need some kind of mainboard to the sensor side or is that ESP8266 enough, because module include also little microchip?
- Is that enough or should there also needed some mainboard?

Also I´d like to already to know what if I have multiple same kind of current sensor, how do I need something more to the mainboard?

I hope that somebody can help with my issue...

elter1ster

DirkS

Re: AC712 and raspberry Pi via wireless

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:07 pm

So how there is possible create wireless connection between sensor and Raspberry Pi?
One ways is to set up the ESP8266 as an access point and connect your Pi to that.
Of course you would need to add a wifi dongle for the Pi

If you don't need a direct wifi connection then you could set the ESP in station mode and let it connect to the LAN as any normal device.
Communications with the notebook are then straightforward.

Can't say too much in relation to the sensor, but since it's a 5V device you would need some sort of voltage conversion (ESP are 3V3).

What exactly do you mean by mainboard?

Burngate

Re: AC712 and raspberry Pi via wireless

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:09 am

AC712 is an analogue device - current through one side gives a proportional voltage out the other
ACS712.png
ACS712.png (5.82 KiB) Viewed 474 times
ESP8266 is a digital device
ESP8266.png
ESP8266.png (25.27 KiB) Viewed 474 times
So you'll need something to interface the two.
An arduino may work, or perhaps another Pi?

Return to “Beginners”