tarzanno

Console in Raspbian

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Hello
I have configured Pi to start one script, then a window manager (I can't remember what manager is it) and then chromium browser.
I want to get to the console, but at view ctrl+alt+F1 I have a console that has script run, on F2 I have the browser view, and on other Fs, I get only black screen with a "_". Is there any way to break a script to get into console or is it any way to start raspberry in some kind of "safe" mode with only a console running?

Navyscourge

Re: Console in Raspbian

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:23 pm

If you started the script on the command line, the script should stop if you hold down the Ctrl key and press C. If you stat it again and add a space and '&' at the end, you script will run in the background. It does depend on what that script is doing for how useful that might be

tarzanno

Re: Console in Raspbian

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:16 am

As I wrote in the first line, the script is not being written by me in the command line. My RPi boots and it automatically starts a script. I am starting a script in /etc/rc.local. This script is starting xinitrc:

Code: Select all

if [ -f /boot/xinitrc ]; then
	ln -fs /boot/xinitrc /home/user/.xinitrc;
	su - user -c 'startx' &
fi

python /home/user/User/sensor5.py

exec 2>>/tmp/rc.errors

exit 0
I am actually surprised, because I was doing it half year ago and I can't find a place where my localhost website on apache server is starting - there is nothing inside /boot folder.

Return to “Beginners”