iFunction

Error retrieving accessibility bus address:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:36 am

Hi there,

I keep getting this message come up on a few occasions, e.g. when starting emacs from the terminal, and also this is now coming up when I try to use Zenity, which does not lead to a slick environment when showing info messages.

What is this? and how can I stop it happening please. The full message with Zenity is this:

Code: Select all

** (zenity:974): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.ally.Bus was not provided by any .service files
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
It may well be discouraged, but not that much as I have found nothing on how to fix this on a google search at all.

Please point me in the right direction so I can clear these up please.

Kind regards
iFunc

DougieLawson

Re: Error retrieving accessibility bus address:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:58 am

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1488880

It's a bug. If it doesn't stop the GUI form working feel free to completely ignore it.
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

iFunction

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:18 am

Perfect answer! thank you. Oh and happy new year mate!

tony1812

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 pm

But is ther any way to subpress it?

Paeryn

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:11 am

Generally as a quick-fix you can suppress it by setting an environment variable NO_AT_BRIDGE. Not that it technically suppresses the warning but rather tells the a11y toolkit to not try initialising the assistive technologies bridge at startup which I think is what is issuing the warning. I think it's down to some gconf setting that has been wrongly set when you haven't got any a11y services running (e.g. screen readers), either that or it is genuinely a case where NO_AT_BRIDGE is needed.

Sticking this line at the end of your ~/.bashrc should prevent it from all subsequent logins.

export NO_AT_BRIDGE=1
She who travels light — forgot something.
Please note that my name doesn't start with the @ character so can people please stop writing it as if it does!

topgunner

Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:30 am

Paeryn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:11 am
Generally as a quick-fix you can suppress it by setting an environment variable NO_AT_BRIDGE. Not that it technically suppresses the warning but rather tells the a11y toolkit to not try initialising the assistive technologies bridge at startup which I think is what is issuing the warning. I think it's down to some gconf setting that has been wrongly set when you haven't got any a11y services running (e.g. screen readers), either that or it is genuinely a case where NO_AT_BRIDGE is needed.

Sticking this line at the end of your ~/.bashrc should prevent it from all subsequent logins.

export NO_AT_BRIDGE=1
Alright, gonna give this a try. Thanks

bonzadog

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:03 pm

I have this message too. Since this error is known, when can we expect a correction?
Thanks

JGwinner

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:07 pm

I just installed the most recent build of Raspian on a new B+, OpenCV 3.4.2, ran a program in python, and got this error too.

If it's just a bug, it's pretty persistent.

== John ==

JGwinner

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:23 pm

I'm getting this error too, after following the instructions at:

https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2017/09/0 ... pberry-pi/

to install OpenCV and Python3.

I also added my vote to the Ubuntu bug list. I'd recommend anyone that wants something fixed to do that too - the squeaky wheel gets the grease, after all.

== John ==

Return to “Beginners”