auti117

RetroPie Help?

Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Hello, I'm not sure if this is in the right section. I just recently got my RaspberryPi 2B for Christmas, and I figured I'd use it to run RetroPie to play the majority of the games from my childhood. My only problem is the fact that the savestates are failing to save/load.

"Failed to save state to /media/usb0/psx/GAMENAME.state" and "Failed to load state from /media/usb0/psx/GAMENAME.state"

Is there anything that I could try to do to fix this? I would love to be able to be able to save my progress!

dpeach

Re: RetroPie Help?

Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:25 am

Seems like someone else had this problem last year. Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=94460.

He was trying to run the games and save them from the USB drive instead of transferring them locally. He could not save to the USB drive due to permission problems.

I would suspect permission problems to be what you are running into. Check out that thread and see if it helps you out.

auti117

Re: RetroPie Help?

Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:55 am

dpeach wrote:Seems like someone else had this problem last year. Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=94460.

He was trying to run the games and save them from the USB drive instead of transferring them locally. He could not save to the USB drive due to permission problems.

I would suspect permission problems to be what you are running into. Check out that thread and see if it helps you out.
I went to this post, and it doesn't seem to be the problem. I had also changed the directory to be the psx directory on the SD Card. It had worked for about an hour, then the next time I rebooted the machine it had stopped working, and every time I tried to save it would give me the same error, yet let me load from that spot. But it would be stuck there. Also another problem that occurred is that my retroarch.cfg now appears empty. What could be causing that?

Return to “Beginners”