nbuuifx

Keyboard mapping

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 pm

I've got a wireless air mouse/keyboard which I'm using with the raspberry pi for the minute. The remote is made by Cideko.

It looks like this...

I'm using OSMC with a pi 2.

Is there any way to map the keys? The main keyboard part works fine but the top part doesn't. The most handy buttons would be the arrows at the top left which I hoped would work like the directional arrows on a regular keyboard. The play, next, pev etc buttons would be useful for the media player too.

expandables

Re: Keyboard mapping

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:32 pm

It's a bit complicated but here is kodi official keymapping guide http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap
:twisted:
By thinking like an engineer you can create a raspberry pi.
Michael Jackson enthusiast.
I got the PI model B, B+ and PI 2 model B.
When will I get the A? I don't know.

nbuuifx

Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Thanks - I've just installed the keyboard mapping add on but it doesn't work - it doesn't seem to recognise the presses of the top buttons at all.

nbuuifx

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:15 pm

Played about for a while a didn't get anywhere.

However I did spot a guide showing how to use an original xbox remote to control OSMC. I had an old remote from the original xbox so thought I'd give it a go.

Only downside that mine was a cheapo chinese copy of the original remote so the circuit board was different. Wasn't too hard to work out though. Found an old usb phone charging cable and cut a short piece off the end and soldered it up to the board. Drilled a neat hole in the casing and now it plugs into the USB and works perfectly to control the media playback.

That should do for now until the one I ordered from China for the raspberry pi arrives!

Return to “Beginners”