There is a sticky thread in Troubleshooting "Wifi issues? Start here!"
Well, it has 281 replies so far. I have not read every single post but I have read enough to be thoroughly confused.
Please can we have a new sticky with a clear explanation for beginners (no, "man dhcpcd.conf" does not suffice!) of how to setup Wifi in Raspbian Jessie?
It needs to explain:
1. How to set up WiFI with the GUI both dynamic and static IP address.
2. How to set up WiFi from the command line, both dynamic and static IP address.
3. Alternatives, including purging dhcpcd and reverting to wpa_supplicant, with pros and cons.
4. The dual IP address issue: cause and solution
5. Any future plans around this area of Jessie
Thanks in advance