fandiaye

can't find module cv2

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Hey guys,
those of you that have used OpenCV might be able to help me. I tried to run a python script in IDLE and it kept telling me that it can't find module cv2 but it doesn't make sense because i had done positive training before that and it didn't have any problems importing cv2 so I'm confused and stuck.
Also, I have seen online that cv2.so is supposed to be in my site packages but it's in my dist. packages, and I get a permission denied when I try to copy cv2.so in site packages. I saw a lot of technical explanations but they were too technical and is like gibberish to me, i'd rather be given steps to take as simple a possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stderr

Re: can't find module cv2

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:55 am

fandiaye wrote:cv2 so I'm confused and stuck.
Also, I have seen online that cv2.so is supposed to be in my site packages but it's in my dist. packages, and I get a permission denied when I try to copy cv2.so in site packages.
Don't you have to install opencv itself, the C++ libraries and whatnots, before you can add in the Python bindings? I'd get it running with some basic examples from their website and then try to do Python stuff.

Return to “Beginners”