Mister Parsnips

Install New OS from OSMC?

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:38 am

Brief overview so you know how I got where I am:

1. Raspberry Pi B SD card slot went bad - would not make good contact with the card.
2. Removed the slot from the board and direct-soldered the guts of an SD card to the board.
3. It BOOTS!!! WooHoo!!
4. The SD card that is soldered to the Pi has OSMC installed. I'd like it to be Raspbian Wheezy.

I am NOT at all fluent in Lynux. What I'd like to know is whether or not it is possible to put Raspbian Wheezy on this SD card from within OSMC. I'll need to download and install it from within the current (OSMC) OS. The issue is that the SD card has been dismantled and soldered to the Pi, so I can't insert it in another machine to image the card. What I'd really appreciate (assuming this is even possible) is some step by step instructions explaining how to migrate this SD install from OSMC to Wheezy. Is it doable, or is this just a pipe dream?

Thanks!!!

EDIT/UPDATE:
Just a thought... Is it possible to put an image on a thumb drive and transfer that to the SD card?

I'll just back out now and let the expertise of this forum ponder this issue...
Last edited by Mister Parsnips on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowofdarkness

Re: Install New OS from OSMX?

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:49 am

It may be possible but would probably be better especially in the long run to remove the current card and solder the connectors on a microsd to SD adaptor to the board then you would just use microsd cards after that can be easily removed and imaged on a computer.

Mister Parsnips

Re: Install New OS from OSMX?

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:50 am

Yeah ... I am almost resigned to that conclusion myself.

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Beginners”