obarthelemy wrote:The error says the Pi doesn't find BoBLite. I would
- check capitalization and spelling
- try to ping it, assuming it answers to pings
- replace the name with its IP adress
- make sure it's actually sharing BoBLite/ not BoBLite/share/ or some such
- check the Pi and BoBLite are on the same subnet (x1.x2.x3.x4, for both their IP adress with x1/2/3 the same, only x4 different)
I've tried capitalization and spelling
When I ping the ip address I get:
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=1 ttl=64 time=1.14 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=2 ttl=64 time=1.10 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=3 ttl=64 time=2.37 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=4 ttl=64 time=1.06 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=5 ttl=64 time=0.946 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=6 ttl=64 time=1.02 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=7 ttl=64 time=0.843 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=8 ttl=64 time=0.831 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.1.1: icmp_req=9 ttl=64 time=0.787 ms
and they're on the same subnet.
When I try and mount the specific share, I get a different error:
~ $ sudo mount -t cifs smb://10.1.1.1/BoBLite_USB_storage /mnt
Mounting cifs URL not implemented yet. Attempt to mount smb://10.1.1.1/BoBLite_USB_storage
In Windows there are no _ between the words (BoBLite USB storage). Am I doing the right thing by adding them? Is there are way to find out the correct address for the share?
Thanks for your help. I feel like an idiot!