Pirathonite

RPI2 microsd card problem with size

Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Hello!

So I got a 32gb sdhc micro sd card and I installed the Ubuntu Mate for the raspberry pi 2.
When I am in the raspberry pi 2 it saids that 710 MB Free, when it should say something like 25gb Free.

Then when i plug the micro sd on to windows it saids only 64MB left.

How can I solve this problem so the raspberry pi 2 would recognise the full card? I need all that memory.

fruitoftheloom

Re: RPI2 microsd card problem with size

Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Pirathonite wrote:Hello!

So I got a 32gb sdhc micro sd card and I installed the Ubuntu Mate for the raspberry pi 2.
When I am in the raspberry pi 2 it saids that 710 MB Free, when it should say something like 25gb Free.

Then when i plug the micro sd on to windows it saids only 64MB left.

How can I solve this problem so the raspberry pi 2 would recognise the full card? I need all that memory.
Maybe you should read the Ubuntu Mate page where it gives instructions for resizing file system as well as other info

https://ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi

Also Windows only natively reads the FAT32 partition on the card..
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

Joe Schmoe

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if we could setup an auto-responder that would scan for these keywords ("windows" "only" "sees" or "only" "4g" "free") and automatically generate the appropriate links (pointers) as a response?

Oh, wait, we have DougieLawson for that (although he seems to be missing in action the last few days...)
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

kusti8

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could setup an auto-responder that would scan for these keywords ("windows" "only" "sees" or "only" "4g" "free") and automatically generate the appropriate links (pointers) as a response?

Oh, wait, we have DougieLawson for that (although he seems to be missing in action the last few days...)
That's what stickies are for, although they don't always get read.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

rpdom

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could setup an auto-responder that would scan for these keywords ("windows" "only" "sees" or "only" "4g" "free") and automatically generate the appropriate links (pointers) as a response?

I thought it was fruitoloom who was the auto link generator? ;)

fruitoftheloom

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:46 pm

rpdom wrote:

Yep just post a link and let the OP learn for themselves, better than irrelevent rubbish posted by JS :roll:
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

kusti8

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:48 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
rpdom wrote:

Yep just post a link and let the OP learn for themselves, better than irrelevent rubbish posted by JS :roll:
Because most times Google isn't working in people's areas. Google really needs to fix those outages. It's becoming a major issue. :shock: ;)
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Return to “Beginners”