vigneshnair13

How to Connect a T Cobbler Plus to a Breadboard

Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:27 pm

Hey Guys,

I upgraded to a Raspberry Pi Model B+ and I wanted to start working with the GPIO pins, so I bought an assembled T-Cobbler Plus. Yet, I still had one question; how do I connect the T-Cobbler Plus to a breadboard, in what slots? Really appreciate any help.

-Vignesh

MarkHaysHarris777

Re: How to Connect a T Cobbler Plus to a Breadboard

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:09 am

hi, the following link shows the cobbler plus plugged into the breadboard. The idea is having each side of the cobbler (each set of pins) in their own side of the board:

http://www.canadarobotix.com/raspberry- ... spberry-pi
marcus
:ugeek:

klricks

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:52 am

vigneshnair13 wrote:Hey Guys,

I upgraded to a Raspberry Pi Model B+ and I wanted to start working with the GPIO pins, so I bought an assembled T-Cobbler Plus. Yet, I still had one question; how do I connect the T-Cobbler Plus to a breadboard, in what slots? Really appreciate any help.

-Vignesh
If you don't know how a breadboard works then try this: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=el ... d+tutorial
Once you understand that you will know how to connect the T cobbler to the breadboard.

Pay particular attention to how the ribbon cable is oriented on the T cobbler AND the RPi GPIO pins. Usually the ribbon cable has a single red or other color (colour) stipe on one side. That usually designates where pin 1 is. You want pin 1 on the T cobbler and the RPi to be the same.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

JimmyN

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:41 pm

If you bought the assembled T-Cobbler the socket is oriented correctly on the board and is keyed so you can only plug the cable in one way. No chance for mistake on that end.

But the RPi doesn't have a socket, just pins, so the cable can plug in either way. That's the end you have to make sure is correct when you plug it into the Pi. You have a B+ so make sure the cable stripe is at the end with the red power light and the SD card slot.

Return to “Beginners”