haaron67

Dell S2240T touch screen not working

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:38 pm

Many many pardons if this the answer for this post is overly simple. I've been out of the IT world for 7 years and am trying to help out a not-for-profit. I just pulled my Rasp Pi out of the box and am now trying to get the touch screen capabilities of the Dell S2240T to work. I've tried to find linux drivers but have been unsuccessful. I understand that the USB cable must be used for the touch screen options to work but when I use the USB cable, the Rasp Pi doesn't recognize the monitor.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? As I said, I'm a noob when it comes to the command line and linux but willing to give it a try.

TIA
Heather
In WAY over my head

haaron67

Re: Dell S2240T touch screen not working

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Duh.. Now I know I'm a noob. Must have BOTH HDMI AND USB plugged in. But now I have another problem.

We can use the touchscreen but where I touch on the screen is not where the cursor needs to be. Any suggestions on how to recalibrate? I've tried adjusting the overscan but that doesn't seem to make a difference.
In WAY over my head

BAStumm

Re: Dell S2240T touch screen not working

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:35 pm

Try setting resolution to 1920 x 1080 (native resolution). I had a similar issue with the Dell E2014T which is a similar touch screen. If you use alternate resolutions then the cursor and touch points don't seem to match up. Once I did this (and believe I disabled overscan) it got pretty accurate.

Return to “Beginners”