meddyliol

Ryantek Budget Robot

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:25 am

I have just purchased one of the kits mentioned in the subject heading. I am a little confused as to how to get the thing running after it has been programmed. It has a USB Wi-Fi adapter but fail to see the purpose of it. I am not generally this thick but I have never had experience of programming a robot before. I would be grateful if someone would point me in the general direction. Building the robot is not an issue just the running of it.

Thanks

Brian :?
Raspberry Pi B, Raspberry Pi 2, monitor, powered hub, mouse, keyboard and Volvo V50 car

joan

Re: Ryantek Budget Robot

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:39 am

Link to product and documentation?

BMS Doug

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:43 am

meddyliol wrote:I have just purchased one of the kits mentioned in the subject heading. I am a little confused as to how to get the thing running after it has been programmed. It has a USB Wi-Fi adapter but fail to see the purpose of it. I am not generally this thick but I have never had experience of programming a robot before. I would be grateful if someone would point me in the general direction. Building the robot is not an issue just the running of it.

Thanks

Brian :?

Their shop is working but the instructions page seems to be down at the moment, the GitHub documentation may be of use, or you can e-mail ryanteck for more assistance. (I won't write his e-mail on a forum but you can find it by clicking on his name in the GitHub link I gave you).
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

meddyliol

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:16 am

Thanks, I have just emailed Ryan for some info. I suspect that the only way to remote control anything is via SSH on my Macbook. Or is there another way?

Cheers

Brian 8-)
Raspberry Pi B, Raspberry Pi 2, monitor, powered hub, mouse, keyboard and Volvo V50 car

ryanteck

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:48 am

Hia,

We're currently swapping the website over today with the focus of merging the Store and Documentation to the one site rather than 2 separate sites.

We're hoping to have it all done by the end of this weekend. I've been busy with University assignments the last week which is why I'm slightly behind.

Thanks -
Ryan

Return to “Beginners”