Corsasri

Wifi OBD next please help.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:46 am

Hello pi users, i have just brought the new version pi 2. after viewing a youtube video using the pi to mirror the screen of an iphone/ipad to a television.
So as i have never used a pi before. Is there a place to download everything straight to a memory card ? to get me started? including the software to enable apple airplay.

thanks gary

[edited to use a relevant subject line]
Last edited by Corsasri on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

kusti8

Re: new to pi and thought i should ask

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Download the NOOBS and follow the directions to install raspbian. You probably have to configure it yourself.

There may be an image, but the best way is to learn and do it all yourself.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

rinky451

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:14 pm

this link may be helpful

http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

If you want to install raspbian and say OpenElec with kodi you can install both this way on a sd card thru Noobs or you can just download the .zip file for raspbian from the link i posted and install that way but for a newbie mabe that is a little rough for ya..
as for OpenElec here is a link to the software for it

http://openelec.tv/get-openelec

If you have the new pi and it is the PI 2 with the quad then u need to use the link for the ARM7
hope that helps
-r-

Corsasri

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Once the postman delivers my pi I wil give things ago.

Corsasri

Wifi OBD next please help.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:40 am

Had a play with my pi yesterday. Things are a bit strange :shock: but i managed to get noobs and openelec working. And played a few things over openelec from my iphone via airplay.
I now want to try something else out but still fumbling around in the dark, so again a bit of help needed.
I have a wifi usb dongle comming via the postman. as already the wired pi is doing my head in.

but my goal now is to try and get my (pi 2 b) to read my data from my on board diagnostic port in my car via a wifi obd dongle not a bluetooth version. And to send the data to my pi via its little usb wifi dongle. And a program for the pi to make things work.

Return to “Beginners”