archiechan

RPi3B Kodi Freezed during play

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:20 am

This happened twice after I install the Pi OS to my Rpi3B board.

32 bit Raspberry Pi OS, installed Kodi after successfully updated & upgraded. Kodi version is 18 Leia. Not sure should I update to v19, since the "apt-get" latest version was 18.

1st time was playing a IPTV source, 2nd time is playing Twitch addon.

I can still use "PuTTY" to remote login, tried "ps" and "kill", but it seems cannot kill the running kodi program since there are only 2 jobs running, "bash, ps".

Tried "sudo reboot", didn't respond at first time, but second time it reboots successfully.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

archiechan

Re: RPi3B Kodi Freezed during play

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:41 am

Never mind, I seems found the solution.

Turned out that crash/freeze was caused by the Hardware acceleration.

"Hardware acceleration is one of the main causes of Kodi crashes, particularly on Android. You could try turning this option off to see if the issue goes away. Doing this is simple: from the Kodi home screen, click the gear icon to go to the settings menu. Next, click Player settings. At the bottom of the page, you’ll find another gear icon with the word “Basic” beside it. Click this three times and it should turn to “Expert”. Now highlight the Video tab, scroll down to the bottom of the list on the right and disable the Allow hardware acceleration – DXVA2 option. Restart Kodi and see if the crashing persists."

Cheers,

Return to “Beginners”