Gator5774

1tb micro sd chip for Android 10 for Pi4b 8gb ram

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:32 pm

I got a 1 TB micro sd chip and used SD Formatter and it showed 1 tb after formatting. Then I used Balena Etcher to install Android 10 on the 1 tb chip but after install it's only showing 8 Gigs and runs out of space so soon. Is there a way I can access the whole 1TV after programming Android 10 or is it a trick to the programming part of the install of Android. Please help I have 3 pi 4B's 2 8GB rams and 1 4GB ram. I have Retropie, Raspian, KALI linux, and Android 10 Lineage. I am still practically a Newb at Pi but learning quick. I am building a 4 pi supercomputer as well and I believe I have what I need to accomplish it just the formatting on the Android is my only pitfall so far.

I will say this I prefer using this as a computer over my ASUS ROG $1200.00 USD laptop if I would've known about pi I would not have bought my laptop.

Just for heads up this below is my hardware

Raspberry Pi 4b 8GB Ram, Raspian, wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse, 32inch Vizio Led HD Smart TV monitor, supercooler heatsinks and Fan, i believe it's a Black Widow 4k supported HDMI cable

To anyone and everyone, who can help thank you so very much in advance.

Henry aka Gator5774

fruitoftheloom

Re: 1tb micro sd chip for Android 10 for Pi4b 8gb ram

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:16 pm

Gator5774 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:32 pm
I got a 1 TB micro sd chip and used SD Formatter and it showed 1 tb after formatting. Then I used Balena Etcher to install Android 10 on the 1 tb chip but after install it's only showing 8 Gigs and runs out of space so soon. Is there a way I can access the whole 1TV after programming Android 10 or is it a trick to the programming part of the install of Android. Please help I have 3 pi 4B's 2 8GB rams and 1 4GB ram. I have Retropie, Raspian, KALI linux, and Android 10 Lineage. I am still practically a Newb at Pi but learning quick. I am building a 4 pi supercomputer as well and I believe I have what I need to accomplish it just the formatting on the Android is my only pitfall so far.

I will say this I prefer using this as a computer over my ASUS ROG $1200.00 USD laptop if I would've known about pi I would not have bought my laptop.

Just for heads up this below is my hardware

Raspberry Pi 4b 8GB Ram, Raspian, wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse, 32inch Vizio Led HD Smart TV monitor, supercooler heatsinks and Fan, i believe it's a Black Widow 4k supported HDMI cable

To anyone and everyone, who can help thank you so very much in advance.

Henry aka Gator5774

Google do not offer / support Android 10 on any Raspberry Pi, if you are actually running LinesgeOS (AOSP) then suggest you post in the relevent post by Konsta who is lead developer:

viewforum.php?f=73
Take what I advise as advice not the utopian holy grail, and it is gratis !!

W. H. Heydt

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:17 pm

Start by using official tools to verify that your "1TB" microSD card is indeed a 1TB card. Also note that "TB" is terabyte. "tb" would be terabit, which is 128GB.

When it comes to high capacity SD cards, the world is rife with fakes.

trejan

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:21 pm

If this is one of Konsta's Android builds then you need to expand the filesystem to fill the card. It doesn't do it automatically. The instructions are on the download page.

thagrol

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:35 pm

Any chance of a link to that 1TB micro SD card? If it's genuine and reasonably priced a lot of folks will want one.
I'm a volunteer. Take me for granted or abuse my support and I will walk away

All advice given is based on my experience. it worked for me, it may not work for you.
Need help? https://github.com/thagrol/Guides

Gator5774

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:56 am

Ok guys sorry I am new to this site and yes it's a Konstakong build and to all who replies Thank you all for info. Yes I did verify after format on the pc that it was fat 32 and was 1tb 990something GB so right at 1tb. I'll definitely look ahead to Konstakong for insights. The Microsd chip is from Amazon it's not a super fast one but it does show just under 1000gb. My Kali Limux and Raspbian is on 32 gb so maybe I'll reformat the chip and install Raspian or Kali to see if it shows the same only takes a little bit to format and install. I am working from home right now so I have nothing but time. Also tb and TB in this text is referenced as the same altho I know its different but sometimes I dont catch it but yes 1 terabyte

Also Autocrook sometimes changes things too.

Thanks for everything.

thagrol

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:24 pm

Gator5774 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:56 am
The Microsd chip is from Amazon
Any chance of a link? That tells us nothing about brand, spec, etc.

All advice given is based on my experience. it worked for me, it may not work for you.

Lampisher

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:04 pm

It is not safe to use large memory cards to store files on TV boxes or other devices. These storage media are not reliable, it is better to use hard drives or SSDs. For example, as I do on Nvidia Shield. It's simple, convenient and safe.

thagrol

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:29 pm

Lampisher wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:04 pm
It is not safe to use large memory cards to store files on TV boxes or other devices. These storage media are not reliable, it is better to use hard drives or SSDs. For example, as I do on Nvidia Shield. It's simple, convenient and safe.
HDDs and SSDs aren't reliable either. All hardware can fail. Are they more reliable than an SD card? Maybe. But that depends on how you're using them. I'd expect a half full SD card to last longer than a full SSD for example as there's more room for wear leveling.

SSDs have a simliar problem to SD cards: they have a limited number of write cycles per cell and do wear leveling behind the scenes. Some HDDs also do significant hidden housekeeping (avoid SMR drives if you don't want that).

It's a complex problem. The solution isn't simply to switch to a different physical media.

Spielmops

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:23 pm

Why don't you use the instructions made by Konsta? He made an expander for big cards, installable by TWRP.

Spielmops

Return to “Android”