aalauzier

Battery for 3B

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Hello all, I am just starting out in the world of the Pi and am trying to finish a prototype device. I am having trouble trying to find a good solution to add a battery to the Pi in a slick way. Ideally I would like to have a board that can take 12V in, power the Pi at 5V while trickle charging a LiPo, and then swap to battery power if external power is disconnected. If needed i can add a step down converter before the battery charger board but I was hoping to find one that can natively take 12V since one of the peripherals requires 12V and the higher voltage should translate to more current available once stepped down to 5V for charging and running the Pi. I see so many commercial devices everyday that run on small LiPo's so I know that it is certainly possible, however I keep finding conflicting information online and hundreds of very cheap battery charging boards on amazon or ebay, but can't find any that can handle both charging and supplying from the battery. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Beginners”