piman1947

setting up claws mail on a Pi Zero W

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 am

Hi:

I just started to try to set up claws on my Raspberry Pi Zero W but since I really know very little about the parameters that
are used in e-mail, I am finding it difficult to know how to answer the question in the set-up. I would like to use as this as a learning
experience so does anybody know of a document that defines for a beginner what the parameters mean and what the possible
values for them would be

Thanks
Jerry

fruitoftheloom

Re: setting up claws mail on a Pi Zero W

Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:19 am

piman1947 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 am
Hi:

I just started to try to set up claws on my Raspberry Pi Zero W but since I really know very little about the parameters that
are used in e-mail, I am finding it difficult to know how to answer the question in the set-up. I would like to use as this as a learning
experience so does anybody know of a document that defines for a beginner what the parameters mean and what the possible
values for them would be

Thanks
Jerry

https://www.claws-mail.org/documentatio ... on=general
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

piman1947

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:48 am

Hi:

I've looked at the document you pointed me too, but I still have basic questions.
I'm assume that the Claws Client communicates with an existing e-mail account such as the gmail account that I have.
When I selected Claws Mail on the Rasberry Pi GUI, it displays the Claws Mail set-up wizard. When I clicked on the Forward button,
it displays the "About You" screen whith the "Your e-mail Address" already set to "@raspberrypi' What does this mean and do I leave it alone
or modify it in some way. Similarly when I pressed the forward button and go to the "Receiving Mail" page, the Server Address is set to "pop.raspberrypi" and Username to "Pi". Same question as for the previous page: What does this mean and do I leave it alone
or modify it in some way. Any explanations of what this fields mean and where I could get their values would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry

MarkDH102

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:17 am

This is my configuration - it is for an outlook account and I've subtly changed my email address...
The other pages i.e. Send, Receive will be gmail specific. Type gmail pop settings into google and it should give you what you need to know.
Hope this helps.
1.jpg
1.jpg (92.3 KiB) Viewed 50 times

Return to “Beginners”