Jeremy Webb

Free BSD 10.1-RELEASE–the latest PI B+ compatible boot files

Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Where can I find the latest boot files to augment the Free BSD 10.1-RELEASE SD image so as to allow the new Raspberry PI B+ to boot up with this operating system?

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy Webb

Jeremy Webb

Re: Free BSD 10.1-RELEASE–the latest PI B+ compatible boot f

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:41 am

The fact that there are no replies to this post is an answer in and of itself. I will assume that I will simply have to wait for the next BSD release point for the new fully BSD and PI B+ compatible boot code to be present on the img file.

Jeremy Webb

ghans

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:10 am

You can try those , it works with Linux :

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware ... aster/boot

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Jeremy Webb

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:31 am

ghans,

Thank you for your response. I was given to understand that some of the files for BSD UNIX were different than for it's Finnish counterpart Linux. Maybe this received information is wrong. I will try your files this week after I have finished delving into python work.

Thanks and Regards!

Jeremy Webb

ghans

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:36 pm

I think only kernel.img is ARM code , the rest is GPU
firmware.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

fruitoftheloom

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Jeremy Webb wrote:Where can I find the latest boot files to augment the Free BSD 10.1-RELEASE SD image so as to allow the new Raspberry PI B+ to boot up with this operating system?

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy Webb
There was a recent post in the FREEBSD section http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 85&t=82494

You may find the recently released FreeBSD11 may suit your needs ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snaps ... ISO-IMAGES
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Return to “FreeBSD”