Battant

raspbsd root user is disable

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello,

I have download rabsd for my rasbery pi model b hear ;

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/sn...r318134.img.xz

The defalt login and password is freebsd / freebsd

Problem _ the root user is disabled. exampoloe, when I wold link partition my disk with ./bsdinstall or install any package, the root user is required,

there is the same problem if I wold like to add a user with the same right of root with the adduser command

Question :

How can i get or create a user with the root privilege with rasbsd ?

Thanks for your help

Best regares

Battant

W. H. Heydt

Re: raspbsd root user is disable

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:32 pm

First...somewhere in the bsd documentation there will be information on the default root password (if any).

How did you try to use root privileges? Sudo? Su? direct login?

If you don't have answers to questions like that, I suggest that you start over with Raspbian.

Battant

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:58 am

Hello ,

The root and password is :

root / root

Best regards

Battant

iJaffa

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:32 am

I'm assuming you have already found out that the credentials are root:root, but may not be aware that the user is disabled from SSH login.

You can enable the root user for SSH in /etc/ssh/sshd_config (do a Google search if you need instructions) but it is not advisable to leave this option enabled for any production system.

You'd be better off logging in as root using a physical keyboard, then install sudo, and add your regular user (freebsd:freebsd by default) to the sudoers file. Again, a little searching in Google and you'll be able to find all the info you need to do this.

Return to “FreeBSD”