AlbionInnovate

Redirected to PayPal?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 pm

I am unable to download anything from the Pi Store. When I click on download i get a window with this at the top:

"You are now being

Code: Select all

redirected to PayPal
If you are not redirected in the next 5 seconds please click the button below."

Nothing else in the window; no button. Nothing else happens.

Any ideas?

Pankoi

Re: Redirected to PayPal?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi,

We're aware of this issue and are currently investigating. I'll let you know when it's resolved.

For what it's worth, I believe it only affects recently-created accounts.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.

Pankoi

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 pm

We believe this issue is now resolved. Please try again and let us know if you have any more problems. :)

~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.

AlbionInnovate

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:30 pm

All seems to be working now. Thank you.

strawberrytau

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:31 pm

I have the same problem with a brand new pi store account. It hangs on redirect to Paypal.

strawberrytau

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 pm

I get a certificate error when I attempt to purchase on my iPhone.

CharlieDog

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:20 pm

Still does not work!

cyber_wolf

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:50 am

I have the same issue, can't download anything and i tried everything i found on google. Every time i try to download it gets stuck on the paypal page and there is no button to click. Kind of disappointed really, just got everything setup and now this, hope things get better with this.

rpdom

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:56 am

cyber_wolf wrote:I have the same issue, can't download anything and i tried everything i found on google. Every time i try to download it gets stuck on the paypal page and there is no button to click. Kind of disappointed really, just got everything setup and now this, hope things get better with this.
The Pi Store has not been active for some time now.

A large selection of software is available for free from the standard Raspbian repositories that your Pi is already configured to use.

Were you after anything specific?

Jeppe Pi

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:48 am

Definitely still not working, same error as received above i.e. Redirecting to PayPal etc, without any button to click.

DougieLawson

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:58 am

Jeppe Pi wrote:Definitely still not working, same error as received above i.e. Redirecting to PayPal etc, without any button to click.
That's because the PiStore is a busted flush that's been dead since January 2015 and the company behind it has gone into liquidation/receivership.

To quote Dr McCoy, "IT'S DEAD JIM.".
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Since 2012: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Zero*2, 3B*3

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Do not send private messages.

Benwwatson

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:30 pm

Gutted.. I just bought a pi for my son... Everything is from last year but sd card is locked so I can't access anything on it... Was hoping to use the store :(

kusti8

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Benwwatson wrote:Gutted.. I just bought a pi for my son... Everything is from last year but sd card is locked so I can't access anything on it... Was hoping to use the store :(
Use the repository, that has most software that you need. What do you need from the store?
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

rpdom

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Benwwatson wrote:Gutted.. I just bought a pi for my son... Everything is from last year but sd card is locked so I can't access anything on it... Was hoping to use the store :(
I don't understand what this has to do with the Pi store?

What do you mean by "the sd card is locked"?

GeekdomWarrior

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:59 pm

PiStore doesn't work anymore? Is that why they didn't send me my IndieCity confirmation email? Is there any other way of getting the Cave Story port, the Dune game, and the other games on there?

DougieLawson

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:46 pm

It has been dead as a dodo for a year.

If you can't find things on a Google search except at the PiStore then assume they are lost forever.
MQTT Evangelist

Atari Amiga 500

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:15 am

Hi there,
I have had the same problem with my pi. It says "You are being redirected to PayPal. If you are not redirected in the next 5 seconds please click the button below." There in no button and I am not being redirected. Why??? How do I download stuff even though it is free and when I want to download anything it shows that message. Does that mean my pi is useless and I cant download anything?

Douglas6

Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Atari Amiga 500 wrote:Does that mean my pi is useless and I cant download anything?
No. Have you read this thread?

klricks

Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Atari Amiga 500 wrote:Hi there,
I have had the same problem with my pi. It says "You are being redirected to PayPal. If you are not redirected in the next 5 seconds please click the button below." There in no button and I am not being redirected. Why??? How do I download stuff even though it is free and when I want to download anything it shows that message. Does that mean my pi is useless and I cant download anything?
I don't know where you got that idea???? The Pi Store never was the mainstream way to get programs and don't think it ever worked very well even when it was running, but I never really tried it.

You can use a Package Manager to search for and/or install new programs. (There are many tens of thousands of packages). The PM will also show what packages are already installed and can be used to remove installed packages.

The Aptitude PM is already installed in Raspbian images, but IMO is a bit cumbersome to use. Aptitude is a text based menu program and will run from the command line with or without GUI loaded.

sudo aptitude
Another PM is Synaptic which is a GUI PM. You have to install it however.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install synaptic
After installation run from the LXTerminal command line (not from the menu):

sudo synaptic
The very newest images have a new PM.
See details on how to install here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/latest ... an-update/

When searching for software from other sources don't even bother to DL the program unless the author specifically says it will run on the RPi and they give detailed instructions on how to install and run.
Go here for my RPi writeup. Basic config, Serial Port add-on etc:
http://blackeagle12.net/Comp/RPi/Rpi.html Click contact icon then world icon --->

DougieLawson

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:45 pm

klricks wrote: I don't know where you got that idea???? The Pi Store never was the mainstream way to get programs and don't think it ever worked very well even when it was running, but I never really tried it.
There were a couple of (free) things I got from the PiStore (before it died a year ago), but it was clearly an experiment that had completely failed to gain any popularity. It was dying long before Indiecity died, because if not someone (RPF / SWAG store / Pimoroni) would have taken it over and kept it running and up to date.
MQTT Evangelist

Return to “The Pi Store”