poplap

Flood of Codec key emails

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello,
So I have been receiving a flood of emails from the raspberry pi store, the one that sells the decode keys for MPEG and VC1. I got one email yesterday, and to day I have received 6 more. I haven't had a chance to check if they are old keys I have purchased (at work right now), and I have purchased a few over the years. When I check my account at the store I see no new orders, and my bank statement doesn't have any orders from them. If the system is just resending the emails that's fine but I figured I should inform someone just in case, and see if I'm alone or not.

Thanks

RaTTuS

Re: Flood of Codec key emails

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:07 pm

How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 pm

We've just done some maintenance on the codec system to make things a bit saner, and there is the possibility that some keys will have been resent. Nothing to worry about.

Please note, that you will not be charged - the payment system is separate from the system that sends them out.

If you are still worried for any reason, please email [email protected] and we can look in to any further issues you may have.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

poplap

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:59 pm

I figured it was something along those lines but just want to be sure. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “General discussion”