Suncrack

OpenArena

Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi guys, i am new to linux and i bought the raspberrypi.
The question is, how can i simply get OpenArena since PiStore is dead?
I tried to download it from desura http://www.desura.com/games/openarena but i couldnt, when i tried to download the desura client said "no space left on device" but i have a 16gb microsd and only raspbian is installed in.
Sorry for my bad english, i hope someone can help me :mrgreen:

DougieLawson

Re: OpenArena

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:47 pm

I think you're 100% out of luck and it's no longer possible to run OpenArena on a Raspberry.
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Since 2012: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Zero*2, 3B*3

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Do not send private messages.

Hiradur

Re: OpenArena

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:44 pm

With the experimental OpenGL driver included in the latest Raspbian Jessie image it's possible to play OpenArena again. Simply activate the driver in raspi-config and run the game installed with apt-get.

I spent some time fine-tuning the config of OA. It has a lot of settings which are not accessibe through the ingame menu to further increase performance. The goal was to achieve the highest number of FPS without compromising usability (e.g. FPS can be increased further by hiding the weapon you are holding but that's not useful for the average gamer). I'm quite happy with the result. FPS are much higher than with the default settings and the game is still playable with many players and a lot going on on the screen.

You can find my config here: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Hira ... config.cfg
Put in

Code: Select all

~/.openarena/baseoa/q3config.cfg

Return to “The Pi Store”