mc007ibi

PI store: developer sign up : error 500

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:12 pm

I tried a few times over days to register as developer (with chrome, ff and different emails). It just comes randomly with a 500 error or is just not doing anything in the first form. I tried also with other browsers and also from other locations (spain/france/uk/germany).

Is there are trick to sign up or how does it works? What's also very confusing is that you need to sign up as 'game developer', in my case its rather just an app, for free - if possible -. Or is there a geo restriction ?

Then I found a few articles about publishing on PI store but they don't match with what's on the screen.
And last not but least, are there other possibilities to publish your PI app?

well, any hints are welcome.

....very confusing and frustrating procedure....

fruitoftheloom

Re: PI store: developer sign up : error 500

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:26 pm

mc007ibi wrote:I tried a few times over days to register as developer (with chrome, ff and different emails). It just comes randomly with a 500 error or is just not doing anything in the first form. I tried also with other browsers and also from other locations (spain/france/uk/germany).

Is there are trick to sign up or how does it works? What's also very confusing is that you need to sign up as 'game developer', in my case its rather just an app, for free - if possible -. Or is there a geo restriction ?

Then I found a few articles about publishing on PI store but they don't match with what's on the screen.
And last not but least, are there other possibilities to publish your PI app?

well, any hints are welcome.

....very confusing and frustrating procedure....
The Pi Store died a death a year ago :shock:
My only "PC" is an Asus ChromeBit running ChromeOS, cloudcentric at its best !
Rockchip Quad-Core RK3288C SoC as used in ASUS Chromebook C201 & Chromebook Flip C100PA as well as the Tinker SBC.
3 Mobile Huawei E5330 Mobile Mi-Fi

chrisoh

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:31 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
mc007ibi wrote:....very confusing and frustrating procedure....
Having the Pi Store website still up and appearing functional is a little misleading to say the least :lol:
Raspberry Pi 3 model B Idle @ 250mA
  • HDMI +200mA
  • Minecraft 1.9 Server +100mA
  • 2.4Ghz dongle +20mA

jjex22

Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:05 pm

chrisoh wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
mc007ibi wrote:....very confusing and frustrating procedure....
Having the Pi Store website still up and appearing functional is a little misleading to say the least :lol:

I couldn't agree more, I must admit I don't understand why the site is there/doesn't have a message on its home page or registration.. Seems like absentee owners with a long hosting plan?

I do think we should have a sticky/banner in the pi store part of the forums though ;)
I had the idea for a single board computer in every seat on airplanes... but it all just seemed a bit Pi in the Sky!

mikerr

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Well the main site is a subdomain of raspberrypi.com, in the foundation's control:

http://store.raspberrypi.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/raspberrypi.com/

It would make sense to just redirect that to the swag store http://swag.raspberrypi.org ...
Android app - Raspi Card Imager - download and image SD cards - No PC required !

hippy

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:44 am

The demise of the Pi Store is apparently being addressed, but I am not sure why it's taking so long or would be proving so difficult to do -

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=126500#p847226

Return to “The Pi Store”