Problems with The Pi Hut store

Moderators: DrPiD, Pankoi

9 posts
by pminatel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:45 pm
Did anybody have any problems with the The Pi Hut support?

I bought a couple of Pi Zero last November, with express shipping, but I didn't received anything and all emails that I received seems to be an automatic response.

How can we trust a store that uses the same answer for all emails?

Here's the email answer:

Apologies for the delayed response. With the release of the Raspberry Pi Zero this morning, I have been in the warehouse picking and packing orders, so have not been able to access my emails.

Due to the additional demand of the Raspberry Pi Zero we are currently experiencing delays both in the order picking/packing and the delivery of goods (I assume that this is more to do with the time of the year). Please rest assured that your order has shipped and will be with you shortly.
by PeterO » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:52 am
The "Pi Hut" and the long dead "Pi Store" are not related. If you have problems with the Pi Hut you can always tweet them @ThePiHut (normally a very quick response).
PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),Aeromodelling,1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson
by Ongelma » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:17 am
Their support sucks big time. Every answer takes atleast 24 hours to get and if you ask three questions they answer one... Very frustrating place to do business indeed. These days i try very hard to find products elsewhere and only buy from them if its a must.
by PeterO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:25 am
Did you try twitter ?
PetetO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),Aeromodelling,1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson
by Ongelma » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:33 am
Nope. As i choose not to use twitter and don't have an account.
by mikerr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:04 am
pminatel wrote:Did anybody have any problems with the The Pi Hut support?

I bought a couple of Pi Zero last November, with express shipping, but I didn't received anything and all emails that I received seems to be an automatic response.

AIUI the first pihut stock of pi zero was in december, and it has always been limited to 1 per customer.

If you ordered more than one (you say "a couple") your whole order would have likely been cancelled ?
Maybe you never saw the cancel email - can you login to your pihut account and check?

I agree twitter is good for customer support - for all companies,
if done well - it's more immediate than email.
Android app - Raspi Card Imager - download and image SD cards - No PC required !
by JamesPi123 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:37 am
PeterO wrote:The "Pi Hut" and the long dead "Pi Store" are not related. If you have problems with the Pi Hut you can always tweet them @ThePiHut (normally a very quick response).
PeterO

That's right "The Pi Hut" is a completely different company. The "Pi Store" is run by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, so don't complain on these forums.
by RaTTuS » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:00 am
JamesPi123 wrote:
PeterO wrote:The "Pi Hut" and the long dead "Pi Store" are not related. If you have problems with the Pi Hut you can always tweet them @ThePiHut (normally a very quick response).
PeterO

That's right "The Pi Hut" is a completely different company. The "Pi Store" is run by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, so don't complain on these forums.

necrothreading is bad M'key
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe
by DougieLawson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:46 pm
JamesPi123 wrote:
PeterO

That's right "The Pi Hut" is a completely different company. The "Pi Store" is was run until Jan 2015 by the Raspberry Pi Foundation Indiecity, so don't complain on these forums.

FTFY, you're welcome

Indiecity went bust in 2015 and the Pi Store (complete with the desktop application) has been 100% dead since then, the remaining mystery is why this sub-forum is allowed to survive when it's raison d'être is defunct.
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Since 2012: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Zero*2, 3B*3

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Do not send private messages.