PI4J VERSION 1.1 RELEASE
The long overdue release of version 1.1 is finally here!
It's been just over a year since the 1.0 release and there have been about 415 new commits to the 1.1 release which include many enhancements, optimizations, bug fixes and additional platform support for BananaPi and Odroid boards.
Pi4J Version 1.1 is also available in Maven Central: http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C ... A%221.1%22
PI4J RELATED LINKS:
- Pi4J Website : http://pi4j.com/
- Pi4J Github Repository: https://github.com/Pi4J/pi4j/
- Pi4J Google Groups/Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pi4j
- Pi4J JavaDoc: http://pi4j.com/apidocs/index.html
- SavageHomeAutomation Blog: http://www.savagehomeautomation.com/
NOTABLE VERSION 1.1 CHANGES:
- Added support for Raspberry Pi 3 (Model B).
- Added support for Raspberry Pi Zero.
- Added support for BananaPi platform
- Added support for BananaPro platform
- Added support for Odroid XU4 (see known issues here: https://github.com/Pi4J/pi4j/issues/229)
- Added support for Odroid C1/C1+ (see known issues here: https://github.com/Pi4J/pi4j/issues/229)
- Added support for enabling non-privileged GPIO access via the Pi4J APIs
- Added support for '/dev/gpiomem' to eliminate 'root' permissions requirement for basic GPIO.
- Added non-privileged GPIO example code.
- Added PWM examples
- Added I2C examples
- Added support for native Watchdog.
- Added W1 (1 wire) support.
- Added MCP3204 ADC implementation and example code.
- Added MCP3208 ADC implementation and example code.
- Added MCP3004 ADC implementation and example code.
- Added optimizations for GPIO state change latency
- Added Gpio.pinModeAlt() method to the WiringPi wrappers to set pins to any ALT mode.
- Added cross-compiler support in Maven build
- Added ADC change background monitoring thread and event notifications.
- Added new Serial JNI implementation to support more advanced serial configuration/operations
- Updated Serial interface to extend from AutoCloseable.
- Updated MCP3008 ADC implementation and example code.
- Updated MCP4725 DAC implementation and example code.
- Fixed #135; Serial communication using 7 Data Bits not working.
- Fixed #180; WiringPiISR() callback causing native crash (NPE)
- Fixed SPI issue where internal buffer was limited to 2048 bytes. Dynamically allocated now.
- Fixed the Pi4J Serial interface to use the new Serial JNI implementation
- Fixed wiringPi serial JNI methods to better support raw data operations
- Modified WiringPi native builds to use Pi4J hosted GitHub repos
- Cleanup for Pi4J native builds
- Now requires Java 7 runtime.
- Updated documentation in preparation for 1.1 release
- Enhancements Added: https://github.com/Pi4J/pi4j/issues?q=l ... ASE+1.1%22+
- Bugs/Defects Fixed: https://github.com/Pi4J/pi4j/issues?q=l ... SE+1.1%22+
Thank You to all the Pi4J users, contributors, testers and tinkerers for all your help and support to continue making Pi4J the go-to library for Java access to the Raspberry Pi's hardware interfaces.