MeetPi

Serial Communication (Javafx + JSSC)

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:56 am

Hello!

I'm trying to establish a serial communication between a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (with 2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch version) and an eval. board (Atmel SAMC21 Xplained Pro).

Both boards are physically USB cable connected.

The eval board holds data that is supposed to be transmitted continuosly to the Raspberry Pi 3B+. (infinite loop).

The Raspberry Pi 3B+ on the other end is running a (Javafx + JSSC) UI program that receives the data stream from the eval board. The incoming data is to be displayed, thus updating the displayed data.

But here is my problem:
At (Javafx) programm start data is received, but only once! Although the eval board (seems) to send data continuosly.

My Raspberry Pi seems not to fetch/receive the data. So the data on display is not updated.
(Data streams in infinitely, as it should, when I fireup minicom on my Raspberry Pi terminal, with the eval board connected to the Raspberry Pi)

Since I'm relatively new to this, so I understand that the fault can be in my code. But there is also a chance that something is missing in my Raspberry Pi setup.

So my question, before I post any code:
Do I need to install some kind of software on my Raspberry Pi in order to be able to establish a (stabile/reliable) serial communication between the two boards? If "yes", then I would be glad to know which ones (and perphaps) how to get them installed.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and for your help!

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Serial Communication (Javafx + JSSC)

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:22 pm

deleted all replies, because they were all posted by spammers

if this continues, I will delete this thread!

raspdroid

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:25 am

Hello,

I have not used in Raspberry Pi but jSerialComm works better that other libraries for Windows and Linux in x86/x86_64 with JavaFx

It's possible that works in raspberry pi https://github.com/Fazecast/jSerialComm#troubleshooting

ram213

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:12 am

The Raspberry Pi 3B+ on the other end is running a (Javafx + JSSC) UI program that receives the data stream from the eval board. The incoming data is to be displayed, thus updating the displayed data.
I have not used in Raspberry Pi but jSerialComm works better that other https://www.wieaw.org/courses/10-best-c ... rain-2019/libraries for Windows and Linux in x86/x86_64 with JavaFx

Return to “Java”