mstevens

keyboard problems

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi.

I'm getting keyboard errors.

I downloaded an image a couple of days ago.

The console is full of:

usbotg: ep5.1 error intr 00000082
kb: /dev/usb5.1: read: i/o error
kb: exiting

At boot time I get report type 0x13 bad.

I also get a "report descriptor" probably because I added the kbarg option, but I haven't yet worked out how to copy that to email.

The keyboard is a microsoft comfort curve keyboard 2000.

Jim JKla

Re: keyboard problems

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:43 pm

If you keyboard is in the list on this page http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals then start looking at power issues.

Most early problems come down to either equipment not in the Verified (drawing too much power) or if they are verified the power supply for the RPi is not suppling enough power for the peripheral. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

Bakul Shah

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Jim JKla wrote:If you keyboard is in the list on this page http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals then start looking at power issues.
Note that this list is for Linux. Many peripherals on this list don't work on Plan9.

I have the same microsoft 2000 keyboard and can conform it doesn't work. I just use another $12 keyboard from Fry's. Properly fixing Plan9's usb/kb is a bunch of work that needs a volunteer with time and some USB expertise.

mstevens

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:43 pm

I was hoping to attract the attention of 9pi, based on other posts where he seems to be keen to help with such issues.

Jim JKla

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:10 pm

I do understand the Plan 9 comment but the verified list is a good start point as it does spot those periferals with power issues.

From what I gather that would be a problem for both Linux and Plan 9 I would be greatful for enlightenment if this is not the case. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

Return to “Plan 9”