GAMELASTER

Re: PPSSPP on Pi2?

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:15 pm

So u can provide full manual how it build good? :/ I trying it really long and still failing :-(

Cael

Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 pm

if anyone could post a decent guide in how to get it compiling that'd be helpfull,

bucker

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:44 pm

memeka wrote:Got it working on RPI2.

You don't need to change much:
- you need to get the EGL, GLES, GLESv2 and KHR headers from the mesa packages, preferably put them in the ppsspp source folder
- change CMakeLists.txt and remove RPI references: ppssppsdl uses SDL2 which already has videocore backend, so we don't need any rpi-specific backend here
- add the egl/gles include folder (where you copied the EGL, GLES, GLESv2 and KHR folders from mesa) and the egl/gles lib folder (the rpi one - /opt/vc/lib) - you can see in CMakeLists.txt how it was done previously for rpi

Run cmake, edit CMakeCache.txt and set FBDEV to ON, GLES2 to ON, maybe even MOBILE_DEVICE to ON, run cmake again, then run make.

A bit disappointed with the performance (GPU clocked at 500MHz), it runs fullspeed on the odroid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8juShfoJtE
any chance on sharing the compiled binaries mate?
Winning is for losers.

Pi Zero W (inside a Pikachu case ;) ) with DietPi running Sonarr,Couchpotato,Pi-hole,Pi-VPN
Pi B running Home Assistant
Pi 2B & HiFiBerry DAC+ running Volumio OS
Pi 3B (inside a genesis case 8-) ) running RetroPie
--

Noroimusha

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:35 pm

bucker wrote:
memeka wrote:Got it working on RPI2.

You don't need to change much:
- you need to get the EGL, GLES, GLESv2 and KHR headers from the mesa packages, preferably put them in the ppsspp source folder
- change CMakeLists.txt and remove RPI references: ppssppsdl uses SDL2 which already has videocore backend, so we don't need any rpi-specific backend here
- add the egl/gles include folder (where you copied the EGL, GLES, GLESv2 and KHR folders from mesa) and the egl/gles lib folder (the rpi one - /opt/vc/lib) - you can see in CMakeLists.txt how it was done previously for rpi

Run cmake, edit CMakeCache.txt and set FBDEV to ON, GLES2 to ON, maybe even MOBILE_DEVICE to ON, run cmake again, then run make.

A bit disappointed with the performance (GPU clocked at 500MHz), it runs fullspeed on the odroid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8juShfoJtE
any chance on sharing the compiled binaries mate?
It would be great. I've tried to build it several times, once via libretro and 3-5 times as described by memeka. It throws several make errors and aborts at 52%. I'm on Archlinux ARM, so any Raspbian-specific errors are out of question.

One of my errors contains "/GPU/GLES/DepalettizeShader.o".

This thread here states that there's a broken commit:
https://github.com/libretro/libretro-ppsspp/issues/42

Thanks.

Noroimusha

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Today I thought I'd give it a try in 2 months. Surprisingly, I've built PPSSPPSDL w/o my previous errors. So the devs have fixed whatever caused them. Gotta try to run it. Hope it's fine. :D

Lonk the Sane

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Noroimusha wrote:Today I thought I'd give it a try in 2 months. Surprisingly, I've built PPSSPPSDL w/o my previous errors. So the devs have fixed whatever caused them. Gotta try to run it. Hope it's fine. :D
Any Luck?

Noroimusha

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Lonk the Sane wrote:
Noroimusha wrote:Today I thought I'd give it a try in 2 months. Surprisingly, I've built PPSSPPSDL w/o my previous errors. So the devs have fixed whatever caused them. Gotta try to run it. Hope it's fine. :D
Any Luck?
Actually it segfaults after being executed. Complains about some shaders. I'll post the exact error text later, but I've also seen it at a Github thread. The thread is unanswered.

Arutema

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:24 am

So I got it to compile and run on Pi 3 after much mucking about with dependencies. PPSSPP is very touchy about how you built SDL2.

To mostly copy-paste my results from the PPSSPP forums:

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt-get install libudev-dev cmake libsdl1.2-dev
You need all of these before you try to build SDL2. libudev is required for keyboard and mouse, libsdl1.2 is required for sound. cmake is required for PPSSPP's build process.

Then grab the SDL2 sources and build SDL2:

$ tar xvzf SDL2-2.0.4.tar.gz
$ cd SDL2-2.0.4/
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr \
    --enable-sdl-dlopen \
    --disable-arts --disable-esd --disable-nas \
    --enable-alsa \
    --disable-pulseaudio \
    --disable-video-wayland \
    --without-x --disable-video-x11 --disable-x11-shared \
    --disable-video-x11-xcursor --disable-video-x11-xinerama \
    --disable-video-x11-xinput --disable-video-x11-xrandr \
    --disable-video-x11-scrnsaver --disable-video-x11-xshape \
    --disable-video-x11-vm --disable-video-opengl \
    --disable-video-directfb --disable-rpath \
    --enable-video-opengles --host=arm-raspberry-linux-gnueabihf
$ make -j4
$ sudo make install
Now you're ready to build PPSSPP. Git clone it into a new directory and from there:

$ git submodule update --init
$ cd SDL
$ ./buildassets.sh
$ cd ..
$ cmake -DRASPBIAN=ON .
DRASPBIAN=ON is required to disable a shader that doesn't work so well in Rasbian's user space.

Don't build yet. There's one bit of code that needs editing in the current git version.

edit ext/native/base/PCMain.cpp and comment out (add "//" before) the following lines near the end of the file:

#ifndef MOBILE_DEVICE
      exit(0);
#endif
That will mostly resolve an issue where the keyboard locks up on PPSSPP exit.

Now run "make -j4" and wait while it all builds.

Game compatibility has been somewhat varied, but those that do run seem to do well on the Pi 3 even when rendered at 2x or 3x PSP native resolution. Just don't go crazy with texture upscaling.

Return to “Gaming”