OH650R

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Does anyone know if there's a way to manually adjust the screen dimensions?

etimm

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:26 am

OH650R wrote:Does anyone know if there's a way to manually adjust the screen dimensions?
Do you mean for recalbox (emulationstation) or the individual emulators?

OH650R

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:23 am

For recalbox and I ask because I'm going to make a portable system which will use a considerably smaller screen compared to my tv. By default the main recalbox selection screen is larger than my tv screen and if I use the overscan setting, it's considerably smaller. I've only tested one emulator, so I can't speak on those.

etimm

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:03 pm

OH650R wrote:For recalbox and I ask because I'm going to make a portable system which will use a considerably smaller screen compared to my tv. By default the main recalbox selection screen is larger than my tv screen and if I use the overscan setting, it's considerably smaller. I've only tested one emulator, so I can't speak on those.
It seems possible to change the settings by looking in recalbox\scripts\runcommand.sh. There is a refference to systemsettings in that script. (Don't have the raspberry here at the moment so I can't check or try it myself)

RetroJunkie

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Today I have tested scummvm on my RPi2, but in a few games I have no sound (HDMI and Jack).
In the frontend the sound is there, but in the scummvm the sound is gone except some effects. :(
Is there a config for scummvm to solve this sound problem?
Last edited by RetroJunkie on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dollerbill

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Having trouble setting my controllers configurations inside RetroArch.

I was able to setup my SNES style USB controllers inside the emulationstaton menu no problem, but certain emulators will interpret the controls differently and the button mappings are all wrong. I've tried to bring up the RA menu from inside an emulator and adjust the settings from within, but after mapping 1 or 2 of the buttons it will always bring up a "Search" box and freeze the Pi, forcing me to restart.

I've also tried to follow this guide to setup individual config files for each of the emulators, but the file structure seems to be just different enough between RetroPie and RecalBox that I'm not having any luck that way either.
Any tips?

OH650R

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:55 pm

terminator2k2 wrote:hi there , has DigitalLumberjack abandoned this project?

seems to have got a little bit worse release after release.

n64 used to work fine before the last update, now its just a black screen with audio...

going to try a different setup....
Does anyone know the last stable release where N64 worked? I'm running the latest release and I too get the black screen with audio only.

etimm

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:55 am

OH650R wrote:
terminator2k2 wrote:hi there , has DigitalLumberjack abandoned this project?

seems to have got a little bit worse release after release.

n64 used to work fine before the last update, now its just a black screen with audio...

going to try a different setup....
Does anyone know the last stable release where N64 worked? I'm running the latest release and I too get the black screen with audio only.
See my post about the scummvm resolution. I managed to get the N64 emulator running by changing the 4 in 2 in the emulatorlauncher.sh file for the n64 startup line.

Imwithme

Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:52 am

PuppetHoundZ wrote:Thanks for the feedback.
Update: the controller issue is resolved. It's bug specific to certain games being emulated on PocketSNES. Not the Controller Setup/configuration of the OS. If you encounter the issue try a different multiplayer game first before you ask questions here.
So is there a workaround that you have found? or is that just how it has to be?
Thanks

tfast500

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:51 am

Was able to create a script via the wiki to pair my PS4 Controller via bluetooth on startup

Works Great... so far this project has blown away my expectations im really loving it i am going to convert my weecade bartop arcade to run this instead of lakka.tv..

really good work! I havent searched too hard but i havent figured out how to run n64... but that would be the iceing on the cake i didnt see it in the directory list either... hmmm

C-Fu

Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:41 pm

tfast500 wrote:Was able to create a script via the wiki to pair my PS4 Controller via bluetooth on startup

Works Great... so far this project has blown away my expectations im really loving it i am going to convert my weecade bartop arcade to run this instead of lakka.tv..

really good work! I havent searched too hard but i havent figured out how to run n64... but that would be the iceing on the cake i didnt see it in the directory list either... hmmm
Share that script please! :D :D :D

Davesnake

Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:45 pm

Does somebody tried to connect the controllers FC30 or NES30 to recalbox?

They work on retropie, but this project is better

I followed these instructions: https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... y-%28EN%29

They seems to respond to the axis buttons, but the play buttons (A,B,X,Y,L,R) don't respond at all

thanks in advance

Abdulla7

Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi I am a noob and I have been having problems and I am really annoyed at the moment please if someone can help me I will really appreciate it:

So I bought a Raspberry Pi 2 starter kit and an extra 32 SD card.
I have unzipped the files of Recalbox and installed it on the Raspberry Pi 2

right now I have two problems.

1-Why the 32 gb card becomes 250 mb after installing ? same thing happens with 8 gb card. how can I use it with full capacity and what files should be on the SD card after installing?

2-where can I put the roms exactly, I can only find zip file called share.tar with folders inside it. should i unzip them or what. I am really confused.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 pm

Abdulla7 wrote: 1-Why the 32 gb card becomes 250 mb after installing ? same thing happens with 8 gb card. how can I use it with full capacity and what files should be on the SD card after installing?
This happens Because Windows is (made to be) stupid, so it doesn't know any better! The 250MB is just the FAT32 partition, the rest of the card (the full card image) is still available for Linux.
If your card is larger than the image (which is just under 4GB) then you are offered a way to "claim" the rest of the card for Linux, that is because initially its just the standard image size independent of how large the card is, a special "resize program" appends all the rest of the (variable) space on the card.
Its the first option you see in the configuration program "raspi-config".
If you happened to miss it, and want to start it again, just enter the following in the command line;

Code: Select all

sudo raspi-config
The sudo parts asks for the password ("raspberry") so the program gets the right to make changes to the system.

p.s. if its boots the right files are on the card.

Abdulla7

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:53 pm

I am really sorry but I still dont get it, so what should I do now? to I have to move the files somewhere and format the SD using an application or something then put them back? and where should i put them exactly there are no folders.

tfast500

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:49 am

Abdulla7 wrote:I am really sorry but I still dont get it, so what should I do now? to I have to move the files somewhere and format the SD using an application or something then put them back? and where should i put them exactly there are no folders.

Basically you wont be able to put data on the card directly after the system has formatted everything to it. You will have to beadd roms/files through the network share. Your card only reads ~250mb but is really partitioned over the whole card. Recalbox makes use of the full card without needing to expand the file system manually. However, windows cant recognize this. If you wish to re-format your card to re use it, you will need to use a program like SDformatter.

Boot the pi into recalboxOS and using a windows pc navigate to the network share...It should be named RECALBOX. There you will have all the rom directories/folders to drop the rom files in.

Recalbox is built off Buildroot so it does not have a package manager etc... also it does not work with the raspi-config cmds...

tfast500

Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:03 am

C-Fu wrote:
tfast500 wrote:Was able to create a script via the wiki to pair my PS4 Controller via bluetooth on startup

Share that script please! :D :D :D
This worked on my rpi b version but now does not work on the rpi2 that just arrived! grrr... wont stay connected via bluetooth.

Basically I just call the hidd --connect aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff in the start-up script so that when I boot I just placed my ps4 controller in the pair mode and it would connect :) simple as that...

See below the wiki startup guide
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... t-%28EN%29

Abdulla7

Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:17 am

tfast500 wrote:
Abdulla7 wrote:I am really sorry but I still dont get it, so what should I do now? to I have to move the files somewhere and format the SD using an application or something then put them back? and where should i put them exactly there are no folders.

Basically you wont be able to put data on the card directly after the system has formatted everything to it. You will have to beadd roms/files through the network share. Your card only reads ~250mb but is really partitioned over the whole card. Recalbox makes use of the full card without needing to expand the file system manually. However, windows cant recognize this. If you wish to re-format your card to re use it, you will need to use a program like SDformatter.

Boot the pi into recalboxOS and using a windows pc navigate to the network share...It should be named RECALBOX. There you will have all the rom directories/folders to drop the rom files in.

Recalbox is built off Buildroot so it does not have a package manager etc... also it does not work with the raspi-config cmds...
Thanks alot this makes sense.

2 more questions:
Whats the highest capacity of SD cards supported?
And how can I use my wired 360 controller?

PeteW

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi DigitalLumberjack,
Excellent work on recalbox - thanks for your efforts!

Feature request: please can you add Atari 800 and Commodore64 emulators?

Not sure if this helps but it looks like RetroArch/Pie supports them [https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie ... 0-and-5200 & .../wiki/Commodore-64]

I assume this would support controller-to-keyboard mapping, configurable for each game?

On a RPi B running Ultraslim by Takenover83, I added Atari800 (v3.0.0, atari800.sourceforge.net) - I didn't try the Retroarch Atari800/5200 engine. Ultraslim uses xboxdrv to drive a PS3 dualshock controller; I created a script to map controller buttons to keys, depending on the ROM file name. However, this becomes a pain to administer the more games you add!

Cheers,
Pete.

d4rks1d3

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:50 am

Anyone have a copy of the Ignition.to beta for RPI 2?

etimm

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:36 pm

d4rks1d3 wrote:Is anyone else having issues with the wireless 360 controller not being recognized after going into Kodi then returning to the emulators?
I’ve managed to get the controllers and keyboards working again after quiting Kodi. For me the problem was the CEC Adapter that put the devices in standby after stopping Kodi (and shutting down the TV).

First start Kodi and go to:
System > settings

Next go to:
system > Input devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter

Uncheck Send ‘inactive source’ command when stopping Kodi

Uncheck Put devices in standby mode when putting the PC in standby

Exit Kodi will still cause Kodi to crash (or nothing to happen).
instead use:
Power off System or Reboot to quit Kodi

Krantz

Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:09 pm

I think Recalbox it's great. Only issue I’ve had so far it’s that once I scraped the games, when I reboot the Pi, all the data it’s lost. I think that I’m missing something… Anyone can help me?

expandables

Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi I want to change this mBackground(window, ":/frame.png") to a different image in GuiTextEditPopup.cpp
Will this change the white background where the svg icons are located?
Image http://postimg.org/image/5i12sljmp/

:mrgreen:
By thinking like an engineer you can create a raspberry pi.
Michael Jackson enthusiast.
I got the PI model B, B+ and PI 2 model B.
When will I get the A? I don't know.

0zzy

Sun May 24, 2015 10:02 am

Hi all, i have installed realbox 3.2.11 i'm trying to play fba-libretro with arcade control panel home made.

It works great for neogeo games, no trouble with them, but for the other cps games (ex capt commando) insert coin button does not work. How can i fix it?

ivwshane

Wed May 27, 2015 5:49 am

I think Recalbox it's great. Only issue I’ve had so far it’s that once I scraped the games, when I reboot the Pi, all the data it’s lost. I think that I’m missing something… Anyone can help me?
I have the same issue. I can also change the network settings through the GUI but after a reboot the settings are gone. I know I can manually enter the wifi settings in the cfg file but with both these two issues, there must be something bigger going on.

Return to “Gaming”