Mirage89

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:50 am

I have to say that this Recalbox operates pretty sweet! All of the "echo off" mode makes it run like there is nothing behind. Pretty professionnal! And the controller setup via the GUI is great.

Now as I am trying to build a low budget machine, I ended up ordering PS3 Gasia controller too. The file here below mention does not work for me. I have a RPI2 with recalbox uptodate and a CRS V4.0 Bluetooth dongle on which original ps3 controller works great. When I replace my sixad-sixaxis with the one from link below no controller will work. Even original ps3 dualshock will not connect. I have reboot and still not able to get any connection with that sixad-sixaxis.

Anything else I need to change?
Thank you for your support.
mattrix wrote:After a lot of trial and error, I managed to get my GASIA controllers working :)
There is 1x file that needs to be changed. /usr/sbin/sixad-sixaxis
For anyone else with these controllers, I have uploaded the working file here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!PMJ01ZLT!JHF4gFiqA ... 6XYidtpjG0

This is built from the source here:
https://github.com/ryonlabaw/qtsixa/blob/master/sixad/

(Only tested working in latest recalbox on RPI2)

Looking at the code, it may also work with official controllers and ShanWan controllers.
I have neither of these to test with. DigitalLumberJack did you maybe want to try swapping out the above file and test with the other controllers?

Also, I'm using a CSR Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) dongle - so again - strange it works.
Have tried with other BT dongles and same file above still works.

YAH!

Only thing I notice is that the LED on both controllers always shows #1

mattrix

Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:47 am

Did you remember to make the file executable after replacing?
Once replaced, reboot. Then try.
www.matthuisman.nz

expandables

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:08 pm

mattrix wrote:
expandables wrote:Hi can you point to the emulationstation code where you were able to change the splash screen? :mrgreen:
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... 00d88a3b26
OK thanks so when i put in my svg image and compile emulationstation will my svg image work? I also see a splash cpp file. WIll the generate script automatically convert my svg image to cpp? :mrgreen:
By thinking like an engineer you can create a raspberry pi.
Michael Jackson enthusiast.
I got the PI model B, B+ and PI 2 model B.
When will I get the A? I don't know.

mattrix

Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:48 pm

expandables wrote: OK thanks so when i put in my svg image and compile emulationstation will my svg image work? I also see a splash cpp file. WIll the generate script automatically convert my svg image to cpp? :mrgreen:
Looks like it may need to be converted
see here:
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... sh_svg.cpp

"his file was auto-generated from "splash.svg" by res2h"
https://github.com/HorstBaerbel/res2h
www.matthuisman.nz

dollerbill

Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:54 am

DigitalLumberjack wrote:Hi !

New release : v3.1.2
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... tag/v3.1.2

News :
  • - workaround for mame hotkey on select (hotkey is set on R if in mame core if it was select)
    - corrected smooth game on fba 6btn games
    - added xbox 360 usb configuration
    - added beta n64 support for rpi2
Many things to say on n64 :
So will we need to install the gles2 plugin before being able to play n64 games? I'm experiencing the same issue others have reported, where all I have is audio but no video when trying to play anything on n64. All other platforms I have tested work perfectly.

Also, thank you for all your hard work on RecalBox, I found the setup much easier and faster than RetroPie and have been recommending RecalBox to everyone I can

Mirage89

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:04 am

mattrix wrote:Did you remember to make the file executable after replacing?
It works! I used WinSCP to set the properties to "0755". Thank you very much mattrix. It now works with my Gasia Controllers. Same as you, they both indicate #1. The only other problem is that the OEM PS3 controllers will not connect anymore...

There is a new branch looks good, is it the same as the file I got from you mattrix?
https://github.com/paradxum/qtsixa/comm ... bc8b62d596

Not being a linux expert I also have trouble with the commands via SSH to the recalbox. "Sudo" does not seem to work and I iam a bit lost with the file structure. Where can I find the pocketnes.cfg file to have a controller specific config for snes game?

mattrix

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:37 am

Mirage89 wrote:
mattrix wrote:Did you remember to make the file executable after replacing?
It works! I used WinSCP to set the properties to "0755". Thank you very much mattrix. It now works with my Gasia Controllers. Same as you, they both indicate #1. The only other problem is that the OEM PS3 controllers will not connect anymore...

There is a new branch looks good, is it the same as the file I got from you mattrix?
https://github.com/paradxum/qtsixa/comm ... bc8b62d596

Not being a linux expert I also have trouble with the commands via SSH to the recalbox. "Sudo" does not seem to work and I iam a bit lost with the file structure. Where can I find the pocketnes.cfg file to have a controller specific config for snes game?
Yeh, there are a lot of forks of that sixaxis code and I spent a few hours compiling each fork and testing with my controllers. Haha :)

When I get time, I would love to sit down and find what makes them work, and then get some code that works for all controllers (I only have Gasia so can't test)

Also, would be good to fix the LED issue to correctly show the correct joypad number

With the original file, and original controllers - do the lights correctly show as #1, #2 etc?
www.matthuisman.nz

Mirage89

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:45 am

mattrix wrote:With the original file, and original controllers - do the lights correctly show as #1, #2 etc?
Yes, with the original sixad file and original sony controllers, they rumble on connection and they show as #1 and #2 on the leds.
Thanks again.

mattrix

Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:00 am

If you let them disconnect, and then push button again in different order, does controller #1 become #2?

So, does it remember what controller it was, or is controller #1 always the first to connect?
www.matthuisman.nz

Efraims

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:32 am

Hi!

I have Arcade Panel (two players) using Xin-Mo USB controller.

recalboxOS it doesn't work with that. I try to connect XBOX wireless controllers and work perfectly.

Any idea?

It's possible uso both? Xin-Mo for J1 / J2 and Xbox Wireless for J3 / J4 ???

Kind regards,

Efraim

d4rks1d3

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:18 am

Is anyone else having issues with the wireless 360 controller not being recognized after going into Kodi then returning to the emulators?

afish

Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:22 pm

d4rks1d3 wrote:Is anyone else having issues with the wireless 360 controller not being recognized after going into Kodi then returning to the emulators?
I've got the same problems, seems to be getting worse with the latest version

afish

Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Did some testing, disconnects with xbox360 controllers happen even when I'm just browsing through the menus after a few minutes.
They seem to happen almost immediately when starting the FBA, SG-1000 emulators. The default emulators enabled at a fresh install do not disconnect this frequently. I am using the userspace drivers.

d4rks1d3

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:30 am

Anyone got roms working on either FBA emulator? If so which ones? Out of 30 or so I can get maybe 2 working. I've tried with the neogeo.zip and without and it's the same. Am I doing something wrong? I want to play the popular roms (MvC, AvP, SF games, Xmen games, etc)

etimm

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:19 am

I can conform xbox360 wireless controlles (with wireless receiver) work perfect after changing settings in recalbox.conf.

Setting the wifi SSID and password using the menu doesn't work right. Only half of what you've typed shows in the input boxes.
Setting the wifi SSID and password in recalbox.conf works. Tested 3 wifi dongles. A cheap chinese dongle, icidu dongle and tp-link dongle all work flawless.

I found a way to get rid of the scummvm problem with only showing 4/5th of the screen:

Code: Select all

1) press F4 to quit emulationstation
2) press ALT+F2 to show command
3) login with user "root" and password "recalboxroot"
4) neter: "cd ../recalbox/scripts"
5) enter: "nano emulatorlauncher.sh" to start editing the file
6) scroll all the way down and change the "4" in "2" at this line: "/recalbox/scripts/runcommand.sh 4 "scummvm --path=\"$dirname\" \"$filenameNoExt\"""
7) press CTRL+X to quit the editor and press "Y" to save the file
8) enter: "reboot" to restart the pi.
Done!
I've also changed this setting for the GBA and FBA emulators.

There is just one thing that really bugs me: the Final Burn Alpha icon between the others. FBA is an arcade emulator, so why not showing a arcade icon? It does fit right next to Nintendo 64, playstation, snes, genesis, etc...
(The same thing goes for scummvm, but somehow that doesn't bother me as much as the FBA icon... ;) )

Anyway it's the best and only hassle free solution out there! :D
Last edited by etimm on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

etimm

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:26 am

d4rks1d3 wrote:Anyone got roms working on either FBA emulator? If so which ones? Out of 30 or so I can get maybe 2 working. I've tried with the neogeo.zip and without and it's the same. Am I doing something wrong? I want to play the popular roms (MvC, AvP, SF games, Xmen games, etc)
Those games do work! google "pifba working" and you'll find compatible games.

etimm

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:29 am

afish wrote:Did some testing, disconnects with xbox360 controllers happen even when I'm just browsing through the menus after a few minutes.
They seem to happen almost immediately when starting the FBA, SG-1000 emulators. The default emulators enabled at a fresh install do not disconnect this frequently. I am using the userspace drivers.
Have you tried altering the settings in recalbox.conf? After changing the setting the xbox360 controllers work without the need for additional drivers. I don't seem to have the same disconnecting problems as you. The controller does work even after quiting kodi.

Code: Select all

# ------------ D - XBOX Controllers ------------ #
## Xbox controllers are already supported, but xboxdrv can solve some compatibility issues 
## Disable this if you use ps3 controllers
enable_xbox_drv=1
## set the amount of controllers to use with xboxdrv
xboxdrv_nb_controls=1

afish

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:03 pm

yes I tried these settings. Do you have an original wireless reciever from Microsoft? It could be the problem, mine is a clone version.

etimm

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:11 pm

afish wrote:yes I tried these settings. Do you have an original wireless reciever from Microsoft? It could be the problem, mine is a clone version.
I do have the original wireless reciever from Microsoft.

etimm

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Maybe this is a game controller solution for recalbox: joy2key http://interreality.org/~tetron/technology/joy2key/.
Joy2Key emulates mouse and keyboard.
example: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Joy2key

It would be perfect if we don't need a keyboard to control kodi or scummvm!

terminator2k2

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:08 pm

hi there , has DigitalLumberjack abandoned this project?

seems to have got a little bit worse release after release.

n64 used to work fine before the last update, now its just a black screen with audio...

going to try a different setup....

PuppetHoundZ

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:28 pm

terminator2k2 wrote:hi there , has DigitalLumberjack abandoned this project?
He's probably busy. His website is www.recalbox.com and he has a blog there he regularly updates. If he were to abandon the project I'm sure he would post it there.

mgoulart

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:25 pm

terminator2k2 wrote:hi there , has DigitalLumberjack abandoned this project?

seems to have got a little bit worse release after release.

n64 used to work fine before the last update, now its just a black screen with audio...

going to try a different setup....
Absolutely not! I exchanged some emails with him about future functions on Recalbox. He is really busy at this moment.

terminator2k2

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:41 pm

okey dokey....just asking as he was very quick to respond to problems.....

Return to “Gaming”