CaptainN1984

A Few Questions For Emulators

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm trying to figure out a few things. First, which emulators are compatible with EmulationStation? and also do these emulators have Game Genie/Pro Action Replay on them? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

welshy

Re: A Few Questions For Emulators

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:34 pm

CaptainN1984
Welcome to the Forum! Emulation Station is a Front End GUI/launcher than can theoretically be used with ANY emulator (as can AdvanceMENU). The SD Card Images RetroPie and UltraSlim make use of it but are, for the most part, RetroArch (cross-platform portable, modular, multisystem emulator) underneath. With regards to the Game Genie, some emulators can directly use the original Codes (Fceux: Famicom/NES is one of them) although many have their own versions of 'Cheat Codes' that can be exploited if you so wish.
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

CaptainN1984

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:27 pm

So I can use my emulators that i already have on my PC? i have jNES for nintendo, ZSNES for snes and K Fusion for Sega....that would be awesome beccause i already have save states on those emulators.. Is this possible?

welshy

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 pm

CaptainN1984 wrote:So I can use my emulators that i already have on my PC?
Unfortunately not, by ANY emulator I meant Linux/Debian Distro based and/or RPi compatible/available! But some PC Emulators do have Linux equivalents that will run on the RPi and there are many solutions for NES/SNES/GENESIS. For details of what is currently available check out the Emulation on the Rasperry Pi Thread.

Here - http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 78&t=54357

CaptainN1984

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Okay great thanks so much! Another question I have is if Game Genie works with any of the emulators for raspberry pi?

welshy

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:04 pm

CaptainN1984 wrote:Another question I have is if Game Genie works with any of the emulators for raspberry pi?
As previously mentioned Fceux is one of the NES emulators that does accept Game Genie codes (See Here - http://www.fceux.com/web/fceux-sdl-docs ... sion-genie). In the Emulation Thread I have noted which emulators are used for the specific Systems of each SD Card Image, Binary and Source Code compiles, so do a search and check their Documentation.

Return to “Gaming”