Vanfanel

Fullspeed, perfect-frame PCE-CD emulation

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:49 pm

This thread is just to tell you guys that PC-ENGINE CD emulation is now fullspeed on the Raspberry Pi, thanks to RetroArch/Libretro/Mednafen and Squarepusher's optimization efforts.
Here's a ZIP containing some of the latest cores and RetroArch so you can enjoy as much as I do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzn3932ugh0q4rx/pce_rpi.zip

No Xorg supported, as always.

You have to bring your own CD-ROM system roms and your PCE-CD isos, and you'll be playing!
Great games in this system are:
-Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (there's an english translation available!)
-Ys books I & II
-Beyond Shadowgate
-Lords of Thunder
-Pop'n Magic
-Puyo Puyo 2
Last edited by Vanfanel on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KitchUK

Re: Fullspeed, perfect-frame PCE-CD emulation

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Excellent! Vanafel, do you know if the PC engine cropping issue is fixed in these cores?

At the moment with pc engine the screen is slightly lower down leaving a black bar on the top of the viewable area. This loses pixels on the bottom.

welshy

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Vanfanel
Good News! I will add to the Emulation Thread. Is SuperGrafx emulation also improved performance wise?
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

Vanfanel

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:28 pm

KitchUK wrote:Excellent! Vanafel, do you know if the PC engine cropping issue is fixed in these cores?

At the moment with pc engine the screen is slightly lower down leaving a black bar on the top of the viewable area. This loses pixels on the bottom.
I've just uploaded a version wich "fixes" that issue. Link updated. Thanks to Squarepusher for fixing it :)

KitchUK

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi Vanafel, I replaced the old PCE core called 'libretro.so' with the new one in your pack and I cant seem to boot any games. It gives me some error something like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u9ukldpp0toj ... .22.15.jpg

Any ideas?

welshy

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:44 am

Added to the Emulation on the Raspberry Pi Thread with some additional information on compiling the Core Source Code which I have also posted in RetroArch on Raspbian: the tutorial .
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

Vanfanel

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:38 pm

KitchUK wrote:Hi Vanafel, I replaced the old PCE core called 'libretro.so' with the new one in your pack and I cant seem to boot any games. It gives me some error something like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u9ukldpp0toj ... .22.15.jpg

Any ideas?
I don't know what's wrong, really. It works with no problems here!
Can you clear the cfg/.retroarch_core_options.cfg file and try again?
And.. why don't you just decompress the new pack instead to eliminate possible problems? The core should NOT be called libretro.so, but mednafen_pce_fast_librero.so.

Return to “Gaming”