RaspberryPiBoy

pisnes xbox controller setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi anybody got the settings to alter the config.txt in pysnes for xbox controller? also how do you make it run full screen

welshy

Re: pisnes xbox controller setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:45 pm

RaspberryPiBoy
If you have competed the Xbox Controller set-up/config I previously sent the Link for when discussing MAME4ALLPi, PiSNES should also work 'Straight out of the Box'
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

RaspberryPiBoy

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:02 pm

it kind of does buttons are all wrong way round and having to still press enter on keyboard when game starts, is there a way to do it all from controller. Does games run full screen or not

welshy

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:13 pm

RaspberryPiBoy
I seem to recall the Left shoulder Button's incorrect and sends you back to the GUI (QUIT). The config file has all the codes, just change them appropriately. The X/Y Axis are set for the Left Analogue Stick, if you have set the DPAD ONLY option in the Xbox Driver settings they should be 4 & 5

[Joystick]
# Get codes from "jstest /dev/input/js0"
# from package "joystick"
A_1=3
B_1=2
X_1=1
Y_1=0
L_1=4
R_1=6
START_1=9
SELECT_1=8
QUIT=99
ACCEL=7
QLOAD=10
QSAVE=11
#Joystick axis
JA_LR=0
JA_UD=1

Where it says
# Get codes from "jstest /dev/input/js0"
# from package "joystick"

This means download the joystick package
Type: sudo apt-get install joystick
then run jstest
Type: jstest
Follow the onscreen instructions and by pressing the buttons/moving the sticks/dpad it will show the SDL Codes for the device. It may be worth noting them down somewhere as most Linux Emulators use SDL input.

RaspberryPiBoy

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Wow thanks :) how do you acquire so much knowledge lol

welshy

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:35 am

RaspberryPiBoy
LoL! Age and Experience! I'm a big believer in the what the RPi Foundation are doing, I am of the generation that learnt on what would now be called 'Retro Systems' Atari400/800, C64, etc, when performance was limited and programming knowledge was key to making anything useful (I taught myself 6502 Assembler because Basic didn't cut it), the first IBM Compatible PC I purchased didn't even have Windows, it was MS-DOS (like Console/Terminal on the RPi). I've also been using Emulators for a LONG time, I had the first DOS version of MAME that only played 5 Titles (back then you needed separate Emulators for each Board/Company, and often individual Games!) now they have all been integrated. Computing today makes things easy for users, modern 'High Level' Windows Systems obscure what's actually being done underneath, your just 'pointing and clicking'. One of the reasons I try to push the Source Code - Compile your own Binaries section in my Emulation Thread is that by doing so it will force users to use basic Bash commands and simple manipulations, in doing so learn something, thusly using Binaries becomes much easier as you have the skills to overcome any problems yourself. That's one of the reasons the RPi is so good for computing education, by taking things 'Back to Basics' and learning though doing, the more you 'Tinker', the more knowledge you will acquire!

OK, evangelical sermon is over for today! Enjoy your RPi!

PS A good Tip if your having problems with a program/emulator, open a Terminal ('CD' into the folder and run it Type ./program name), if it crashes the Bash Script will often give details of the issue, thus making it easier to find the problem, where as if running from a GUI it just closes leaving you none the wiser!

RaspberryPiBoy

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 am

Hi Welshy

LOL thanks for all the great wise advice, perhaps your name needs to be changed to 'Yoda' :D :D

welshy

Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:14 am

RaspberryPiBoy
'Try not, do or do not, there is no try!'

Return to “Gaming”