ooberrampage

Re: A MineCraft Server Image - MineCraftPi

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:54 am

yeah ive read through this whole thread and realize that a view distance of 4 is most optimal. It just bugs me that im unable to change that one setting, you know? the most people ive had on here are two people, but we like to mess around alot and build stuff so a view distance of 4 makes large structures despawn too fast. i also found this site

http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2013/09/r ... erver.html

saying I must also edit the spigot.yml file for view distance to change. could you please give me the proper path for that file?

Rionoskae

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:00 am

I don't recall offhand.... as i've since moved on to numerous other projects :(

Should be able to do a " sudo find / spigot.yml " search from command line.

ooberrampage

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:15 am

I tried to find the file but it supposedly doesn't exist. Any other ideas? Im glad you have been willing to help me out!

Rionoskae

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:33 pm

ooberrampage wrote:I tried to find the file but it supposedly doesn't exist. Any other ideas? Im glad you have been willing to help me out!
Mmm.. command might be "sudo find / -name spigot.yml". If that doesn't work, let me know and i'll spin up the image sometime this weekend.

robdobson

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi, Spigot 1.8 is now available. Any idea on how to update to this?

Rionoskae

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:26 pm

robdobson wrote:Hi, Spigot 1.8 is now available. Any idea on how to update to this?
Yea, you should be able to use the build instructions from the image to update to 1.8.

Otherwise, I'll try to get the 1.8 version up and running within the next couple of days.

~Cheers,
Ryan

Update - 12-11-14
It seems that there isn't a proper 1.8 release of spigot yet - merely a 1.7 version that will allow 1.8 clients to connect... I may just wait for a full release.
Last edited by Rionoskae on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wongman44

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi all!!

I'm new here. I have downloaded this awesome minecraft image, installed it and played for several days.
I have plugged mine minecraft pi at my office. And played online at home.
But i wanted to log in the console of the minecraft server.

Is there anybody can provide me a short script that's allows me to use screen?
This MineCraft Pi edition boots automatic, this makes it impossible to get the minecraft console.
Is there a way to boot the whole startup script with screen attached the minecraft console and then dettached.
This make it possible for me to adjust the ops commands.

I already tried to stop the server and manually start the ./start.sh script, then i will get errors and minecraft pi server is not fully loaded.

If some one can help me with this problem, would be awesome!

Rionoskae

Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:48 pm

wongman44 wrote:Hi all!!

I'm new here. I have downloaded this awesome minecraft image, installed it and played for several days.
I have plugged mine minecraft pi at my office. And played online at home.
But i wanted to log in the console of the minecraft server.

Is there anybody can provide me a short script that's allows me to use screen?
This MineCraft Pi edition boots automatic, this makes it impossible to get the minecraft console.
Is there a way to boot the whole startup script with screen attached the minecraft console and then dettached.
This make it possible for me to adjust the ops commands.

I already tried to stop the server and manually start the ./start.sh script, then i will get errors and minecraft pi server is not fully loaded.

If some one can help me with this problem, would be awesome!
To disable the auto start script - simply do this:

Code: Select all

sudo nano /etc/rc.local
And comment the following line:

Code: Select all

#/opt/MineCraft/start.sh
Reboot - Done. Then you can start the server manually.

wongman44

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:01 am

HI Rionoskae,

Thanks for your reply. I did not ment to disable the whole start up script.
I want to add the functionality into the startup script with "screen" option, this give me the ability logging into minecraft console from another location to manage the server.

Now is location (A) is where my server is hosted and booted automaticly in to minecraft console. I'm at home location (B), logging in with putty through ssh. But cannot get the minecraft console to manage the server. add ops of stop server or any other commands.

I tried already to put "screen -a /opt/jdk1.8.0_20/bin/java -Xms256M -Xmx400M -jar /opt/MineCraft/spigot.jar nogui " into my start.sh script. But that would not automatic load the minecraft server into a virtual console.
Is there a way to implement "screen" in the startup script? or use other methods?

What my idea was, automatic boot script with screen -d (load minecraft server in screen, detached mode).
When i'm at home i could use command "screen -r'' to resume screen and i'm back in my minecraft console.

I already tried to find a useful script to able to this trick. But no luck and mine linux scripting is not that experienced.

Hope this clarifies my problem?

Rionoskae

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Ah - I gotchya now.

Unfortunately i'm not very familiar with screen - If you figure it out, Please do share it here - as I'm sure others would be interested in setting up something similar.

Rionoskae

Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:30 pm

MineCraftPi - 1.8 Update Status

After several hours of trial by fire testing, re-imaging & reading - I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that the current 1.7 release version of MineCraftPi might have to be the end of the line for the image.... At least until the DMCA ruling is settled in court.

You can however compile the code yourself, which I am currently documenting under the build instructions section of the MineCraftPi project page over on EveryDay-Tech.com (see first page in thread)
**Alternatively - You can try to sort it out on you own using the instructions @ http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/bukkit- ... 1-8.36598/

I will post back when/if the situation changes - but for now a 1.8 spigot server means compiling it yourself :) Dont' forget though, that you can use the current 2.2 version of the image to run the 1.7 version of MineCraft - Just make sure to set your client version to 1.7 under your user profile!

~Cheers
Rionoskae

tx_polkhead

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Thanks for the 1.8 heads up, I think I have a spare SD card so maybe I'll get brave and try compiling 1.8 sometime.

I do have a question regarding OP.
I am failing to make my kid op. If he is in the game logged in to his server and he types / ops [his username] the response in red is he does not have permission to make that kind of change.

I've tried sudo nano on both ops.json and server.properties files. With the ops.json file I added [his username] saved and rebooted and the change doesn't stick. When I re-open the file [ ] is all that is there. I have also used Filezilla from another computer on the network to create a file named ops.txt with just [his username] and after a reboot that file becomes ops.txt.converted but still no closer to allowing him ops. What am I doing wrong?

Rionoskae

Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:57 am

Should just be able to boot the image w/ a lcd connected and type "op <username>" at the console window.

As far as compiling spigot for 1.8 - I kept getting memory errors, it would seem that you might have to compile the new spigot version on another pc and then transfer it over via samba.

tx_polkhead

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Does this "boot the image w/ a lcd connected and type "op <username>" at the console window." mean boot the RPI with keyboard and monitor connected, wait for the boot process to get to the last line where it says something along the lines of "type ? for help" and provides a cursor? If so I type "<username>" and press enter, then when he logs in to play he's automatically op? Can I then just unplug the keyboard and monitor?
Man will he be a happy kid today!

Rionoskae

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:29 pm

tx_polkhead wrote:Does this "boot the image w/ a lcd connected and type "op <username>" at the console window." mean boot the RPI with keyboard and monitor connected, wait for the boot process to get to the last line where it says something along the lines of "type ? for help" and provides a cursor? If so I type "<username>" and press enter, then when he logs in to play he's automatically op? Can I then just unplug the keyboard and monitor?
Man will he be a happy kid today!
Exactly - After the image has completed the booting process and the server has started, with kb+mouse+monitor connected - type "op <username>".

~Cheers

flip1601

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:23 am

I have a problem, when I go on my server I get the message "outdated server i'm still on 0" why I get this ?

Please help me :(

Lg Philipp :)

Rionoskae

Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:37 pm

flip1601 wrote:I have a problem, when I go on my server I get the message "outdated server i'm still on 0" why I get this ?

Please help me :(

Lg Philipp :)
Ummm.... Not sure what you are referring too here - can you give me more details?

KeiSki

Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:45 am

Since the server isnt running 1.8 you need to have your minecraft client at 1.7.10 or whatever it is. You can change this in your profile settings from the client launcher.

ooberrampage

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:55 am

Are there any plans to get this server image running on the raspberry pi 2? Looks like VERY promising Minecraft server :) especially as game server gets more multithreaded

Rionoskae

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:33 pm

ooberrampage wrote:Are there any plans to get this server image running on the raspberry pi 2? Looks like VERY promising Minecraft server :) especially as game server gets more multithreaded
Agreed^ - Yea i'll probably order a 2 and port the image over, seems like the way to go.

kwadroke

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:50 pm

Saw this post this morning. Looks like someone already has tested MC on the Pi 2
http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2015/02/r ... erver.html

zproc

Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Anyone up to test/stress test a Pi 2 @ 1Ghz with Spigot 1.8?

I'm curious to see how many players it could handle.

ooberrampage

Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:23 am

Do you have a pi v2 to test out? Seems to be backordered everywhere

Rionoskae

Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:28 pm

No I don't Have a Pi 2 yet - But for anyone that does and is eager to try it out, build instructions are posted on the first page :)

ooberrampage

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:58 am

Any idea what would happen if we just moved our SD card from the original pi to the v2?

Return to “Gaming”