chromebookbob

Tekkit Lite Server On The Pi: Tutorial

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:43 am

I have successfully made a tekkit lite server on the pi, try out the tutorial. my server is whitelisted to limit the number of people on it. I don't know how stable it is. Anyways, here is the link: http://picraftbukkit.webs.com/tekkit-lite-how-to

If you remember, I posted a tutorial on how to make a bukkit server for your pi a while back, it was linked on the pi blog! http://www.raspberrypi.org/minecraft-server/ (that was the single most exciting moment in my life!)

Anyway, happy crafting!!!

:D
Visit my website with the original instructions on it for both vanilla and Tekkit Lite Servers: www.picraftbukkit.webs.com

chromebookbob

Re: Tekkit Lite Server On The Pi: Tutorial

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 am

Just as a reference, Tekkit Lite is a modpack for minecraft expanding it's items to anything from jetpacks to nuclear bombs. It's available with the technic launcher http://www.technicpack.net

This has been tested with raspbian.

credit to all those who worked on getting minecraft on the pi originally and all those working on mods for tekkit lite.
Visit my website with the original instructions on it for both vanilla and Tekkit Lite Servers: www.picraftbukkit.webs.com

sdd

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Cool! What about tekkit classic? Have you done any stress tests with nukes? I don't play any other minecraft now because tekkit is so awesome!

chromebookbob

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:49 am

I had some trouble installing tekkit lite at first so I tried tekkit classic. It's a bit much for the pi I think, it kept crashing. I have stress tested, setting off 2 separate nukes, oe with 1 warhead, another with three. No lag whatsoever. Quarries don't lag the server, nor does pumping ( I have a geothermal facility now!) It's great. :D

If you want to be whitelisted reply with name etc.

Hiradur

Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Minetest, an open-source clone of Minecraft, offers similar features like Tekkit ("technic mod") with the advantage of much better performance. It's also more convenient to use because only the server has to hold the mods, the client will download them automatically. Might be worth a shot to try on the Pi, I run a Minetest server on an Odroid U2 with ~30mods and it is super smooth.

chromebookbob

Fri May 02, 2014 3:31 pm

I think that at this point Tekkit Lite is a better option, with 74 mods, and being part of the widely used minecraft game, it is part of a much bigger community. Also, Tekkit Lite, as a server, runs very well on the pi. I've been playing for a few weeks with a friend with very little lag, as if it were a commercial server.

owen_a

Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:59 pm

I went through the tutorial yesterday and ran the server my self on my Model B Pi - Turns out that it's so laggy that it's basically unplayable unless you don't mind waiting ~5 seconds for a block you broke, which also reappears, to finally drop and go into your inventory.

chromebookbob

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:05 pm

It takes done tweaking of the server. Properties file but mine is payable with two or three

Jared Wadsworth

Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:59 pm

What he doesn't put in the tutorial is that you need to also tweak the Pi. Dont use a GUI, and set GPU memory to 16MB then overclock it, and enable SSH. It also need to be the only thing running on the Pi.
Here is another tutorial that tells you how to do it all, including the teaks to the Pi and the server to make it not lag.
http://www.howtogeek.com/173044/how-to- ... the-cheap/

chromebookbob

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:35 am

This was a tutorial for getting tekkit lite to work, that one is for standard Minecraft (they used my original tutorial anyway, its linked at the bottom)

DaPorkchop

Sat May 02, 2015 3:21 pm

It says in the tutorial that it should take 5-6 mins to start. I started it two hours ago and it's still initializing the mods. I've already overclocked it to turbo, 16 MB for the GPU, and running it on a 256 MB model B+.

chromebookbob

Sun May 03, 2015 9:11 am

I haven't updated the tutorial in a while, the b+ may need a different version of java

Return to “Gaming”