Sabcoll

Re: Mupen64Plus - N64 Emulator for the Pi

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Set
SkipFrame = False in the gles2n64.conf to stop the flickering.

Then try different values for the ScreenUpdateSettings!

ZakAttacks

Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:04 am

baeckerman83 wrote:Has anyone get Mario Kart 64 started in the splittscreen mode? Every time I try it stop loading at the intro video for the splitscreen. I use retropie with the mupen64plus emulator. Single games are working in mario kart 64.
I think I got it to work with ScreenUpdateSetting=4 with the Rice video plugin, and maybe using 4 in the n64 video plugin.

Lindeberg

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Got it to work. :) It must be in large characters. "J0B16"

# Joystick event string for stopping the emulator
Joy Mapping Stop = "J0B16"
Takenover83 wrote:Anyone had any luck mapping a exit/quit button? I tried editing the section below with no success. I use /dev/input/j0 and button 16 is the home button on my ps3 controller. So far I have been exiting with the keyboard via ctrl+c.

/home/pi/.config/mupen64plus/mupen64plus.cfg

Code: Select all

[CoreEvents]
# Joystick event string for stopping the emulator
Joy Mapping Stop = "j0b16"

globalhell

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 am

Hi!
I'm totally new to Linux and Raspberry Pi but I have got one and trying to build mupen64plus but failed.
I have:
  • Pi 3 Model B, revision: a22082
  • Kernel: Linux raspberrypi 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
  • OS release: Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
First I made these:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
I started going step-by-step with this tutorial.
I wasn't able to execute build.sh without sudo, it prints:

error: cannot open .git/FETCH_HEAD: Permission denied
so I entered sudo ./build.sh and it started to compile.
I've got this first:

SDL2 is missing the Raspberry PI Driver.
But it continued. It downloaded and checked all modules. Everything was okay.
Then there were a lot of warnings while the process. And then these:

LD  libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0
if [ "libmupen64plus.so.2" != "" ]; then ln -sf libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 libmupen64plus.so.2; fi
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/ricrpi/mupen64plus-core/projects/unix'
************************************ Building ui-console front-end
make: Entering directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-ui-console/projects/unix'
rm -f -r _obj mupen64plus
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-ui-console/projects/unix'
make: Entering directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-ui-console/projects/unix'
    CC  _obj/cheat.o
In file included from ../../src/cheat.c:28:0:
../../src/core_interface.h:73:1: error: unknown type name ‘ptr_ConfigExternalOpen’
../../src/core_interface.h:74:1: error: unknown type name ‘ptr_ConfigExternalClose’
../../src/core_interface.h:75:1: error: unknown type name ‘ptr_ConfigExternalGetParameter’
Makefile:317: recipe for target '_obj/cheat.o' failed
make: *** [_obj/cheat.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-ui-console/projects/unix'
I can't google a solution to such type of problem so I would ask for a help.
What did I do wrong? What I can do instead to properly build and install mupen64plus?
Help please!

P. S. I can't download and flash a clean image of RetroPie, because of lack of high-speed internet.

ric_rpi

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:51 pm

I suspect development has moved on with the upstream official mupen64plus-ui-console to the point that my custom mupen64plus core is no longer compatible.

Option 1:
There should be a 'RasbianList_Pi2' file in the /home/pi/mupensplus.

On the ui-console line, change the repository from 'mupen64plus' to 'ricrpi' for a compatible frontend and it may build.

Option 2:
I believe the official core is fully compatible for the Raspberry Pi so you could change the RasbianList_Pi2 to use 'mupen63plus' repository for plugin core.

For those still using the older Pi B, my core is slightly more optimized but is missing the last 2 years of improved ROM compatibility... For a Pi 3, I would recommend the official core.

Return to “Gaming”