dkinside

Re: Limelight Pi

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 am

First of all limelight it's Rock!
Thanks very much irtimmer.
Anyone have successfully play a games with 2 pad (two player)in steam menu it's ok but in game only one pad are recognized.
Sorry for my bad english.

Deeks

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi

I followed RBerg's instructions he posted earlier (http://embedded-software-architecture.c ... spberry_Pi) and I've got my Pi setup and running Limelight on my TV, with 2 Sixaxis PS3 Controllers. It works well, but the controller key mappings are not quite right (e.g. the right-stick up/down does not work). I'm using the mapping file provided by RBerg https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roelo ... er/PS3.map. When I try and create my own mapping file using the -mapping switch, it does seem to be accepting any input from my PS3 controllers.
Has anyone been able to create a mapping file using a PS3 controller? Are there any other examples I can try? Is it possible to create a mapping file manually outside of Limelight? Thanks

xaupaix

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Hello everybody!

I tried this software today and i think there is a great potential....but i have a little problem.
I always have the following stack (simillar to myke):

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~$ java -jar limelight.jar stream 192.168.1.40 -720
Starting Steam
Starting RTSP handshake
Starting control connection
Starting video stream
Starting audio stream
Starting input connection
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:113)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:153)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.control.ControlStream$NvCtlPacket.write(Unknown Source)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.control.ControlStream.sendPacket(Unknown Source)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.control.ControlStream.sendLossStats(Unknown Source)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.control.ControlStream.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.control.ControlStream$1.run(Unknown Source)
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:345)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.input.ControllerStream.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.NvConnection.startInputConnection(Unknown Source)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.NvConnection.establishConnection(Unknown Source)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.NvConnection.access$200(Unknown Source)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.NvConnection$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
connect timed out
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:145)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:812)
        at com.limelight.nvstream.av.audio.AudioStream$1.run(Unknown Source)

I succeded to launch without problem this morning but i did not have sound. And now i realize that if i try to launch firefox (for example) all is right but when i try to launch a video with sound i receive the stack. So i think the problem comes from the audio part of the stream.

Can someone help me?
As someone above I'm using HDMI to pass audio through. I've already added

hdmi_drive=2
to the boot config.

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
and

hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
were already in there. I've forced it to use HDMI with

amixer cset numid=3 2
and I've verified that PulseAudio is not installed.

Thanks!!

caffeinepizza

Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:21 am

I'm having overscan issues with limelight. I can set the /boot/config.txt to subtract 20 pixels from my overscan with hdmi_mode=16 and hdmi_group=1, which is 1080i on my TV. No matter what resolutions I use, it always spills over out of the display. When I load TF2, the loading in the corner is cut off. Ideas?

Hellcube

Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 pm

I have started using limelight on my Raspberry pi few days ago. I love it. But its realy anoying to use SSH to quit kodi and start limelight every time i wish to play.
So i tryed to do a menu that would do all this. So i started a research on how to do it.

First How to add a custom menu into skin
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221857
Easy, no problem added with that part

<item id="666">
    <label>Steam Games</label>
    <onclick>System.Exec(/home/xbian/stream.sh)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
</item>
I done a script steam.sh:

sudo initctl stop xbmc
sudo java -jar /home/xbian/limelight.jar stream 192.168.x.x -1080 -30fps
in result my kodi (Helix) hangs.
When i start the script from SSH:
sh /home/xbian/stream.sh
Every thing works, but when i try to use the button in kodi no luck.
I have tryed System.ExecWait to same result.
Is there any other way to do that "The right way"?

I found this topic on OSMC forum
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/limelight-e ... mc/1884/18
http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=16517

Tryed to implement it but it doesn't realy work.

Tested it with lines:
<onclick>Quit</onclick>
<onclick>System.Exec(/home/xbian/stream.sh)</onclick>

Any hints would be appriciated...

luca1

Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:59 am

Yep I second that.

The guide at:
http://embedded-software-architecture.com/?page_id=147

Works perfectly getting the PS3 controller to work (no other tutorial worked).

I ended up creating my own mapping though. When you are mapping the controller you have to keep the controller dead still! As in no movement at all!

When it came time to map Left and Right Triggers, I had to give them a very fast light tap (didn't push them all the way in) otherwise each push would do 2 mappings at once..

Ras Pi is the perfect Steam streaming box, I'm in love with my first dive in to networking/linux/debian/raspberry/LXterminal/Kodi...

The community is brilliant

Myke

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:22 pm

EDIT: I answered my own question below. It might be of interest to someone so I leave it here...

I used the tool Iperf to do a connection speed test. It is available on raspbian via the usual way (sudo apt-get install iperf) and on windows here: https://iperf.fr
The latter site also gives a good overview of the options. Basically all I do is "iperf -s" on the host pc and "iperf -c xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" with the ip-adress of the host pc replacing the xs.

I get some highly inconsistent values there which reinforces my belief it is my wlan...

--------------------------------------------------
I can't really help with the recent questions, since I have a new one myself...

I can get limelight to stream quite nicely and can even play very well mostly. There are some issues though and I am trying to find out what the exact reason is - I suspect it is the wireless connection from my host to my router but I'd like to investigate this.

The issues I'm talking about are that in very crowded, very busy situations of a game (e.g. a lot of people on the screen) I get quite unplayable lag, frame and audio drops. Once the scene calms down the gameplay also stabilizes somewhat. Interestingly this only happens during gameplay itself, cutscenes usually work ok. The host pc shows no lag (during the exact same scene in which the pi lags) and neither my cpu nor my gpu are fully loaded so I don't think it's the host's hardware.

So, I'd like to ask if anyone knows if there is a way to test the limelight connection between the pi and host - ideally, I'd like to send varying amounts of data from the host and see how the connection holds up - or how the pi holds up when it receives this data. Or maybe there is a way to collect network information during gameplay (which statistic would actually be interesting then)?
The problem here is, I don't know much about linux nor about networks but I'm trying to find the optimal solution for my specific situation - but it might help others too ;)

JRJoe

Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:11 am

Hi,

yesterday I found out about limelight and started using it on my PI B+.
First of all I want to thank all developers, the software has a great potential!

Unfortunately I have a few problems with it :( Maybe you guys could help me (is it still developed?).
First thing is when I stream 1080p I have a huge input delay with my xbox 360 controller (wired).
My network is wired but I do not know how fast (I'll check that over the weekend).
720p works just fine.
Generally is the 100Mbit/s of the PIs Ethernet Controller and the general performance (OCd @900MHz) enough?
How could I meassure the traffic between the host and the client to see if my network is busy?
Any other ways to improve the delay?

Second thing is, my Xbox controller has some weird behaviour. The D-Pad directions are switched (left is up etc..) and the Triggers do not work sometimes. I installed the latest xboxdrv but it did not change anything. Ideas?

By the way english is not my native language so sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Regards,
Joe

Myke

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:14 pm

JRJoe wrote:Second thing is, my Xbox controller has some weird behaviour. The D-Pad directions are switched (left is up etc..) and the Triggers do not work sometimes. I installed the latest xboxdrv but it did not change anything. Ideas?
Yes, you need to configure your controller, see extensive docs at
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/xboxdrv.html

The configuration also might depend on the game you are using, I have to use slightly different commands for different games. About your two issues (I had them too):
- Triggers: Try "--trigger-as-button" that usually fixes the problem in games that do not recognize the triggers otherwise (but note, that others don't want this flag!). Also, does not help you if you need the triggers as real triggers and not buttons!
- Dpad: you need to switch the axes, usually I do this with "--ui-axismap DPAD_X=ABS_HAT0Y,DPAD_Y=ABS_HAT0X"

Hope that helps.

ScoobyDoo

Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:19 pm

JRJoe wrote:Hi,

First thing is when I stream 1080p I have a huge input delay with my xbox 360 controller (wired).
My network is wired but I do not know how fast (I'll check that over the weekend).
Joe
You will not be able to play at 1080p on a model b, the pi 2 struggles and is only playable at 1080p after overclocking. Its not down to your connection speed but the power of the pi itself. I found upgrading to a pi2 made a big improvement for my set u p

ScoobyDoo

Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Been streaming GTA V to my tv in the living room... Working great :)

JRJoe

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:13 am

Myke wrote:
JRJoe wrote:Second thing is, my Xbox controller has some weird behaviour. The D-Pad directions are switched (left is up etc..) and the Triggers do not work sometimes. I installed the latest xboxdrv but it did not change anything. Ideas?
Yes, you need to configure your controller, see extensive docs at
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/xboxdrv.html

- Dpad: you need to switch the axes, usually I do this with "--ui-axismap DPAD_X=ABS_HAT0Y,DPAD_Y=ABS_HAT0X"

Hope that helps.
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
I cant use the trigger as button thing because I need it as triggers, but they are working now for unknown reason.
As I wanted to switch the axis I found out that xboxdrv does not even recognize my 360 controller (LED is still blinking, too).
I bought it from a friend so it might be a 3rd party 360 controller. And I'm total noob with xboxdrv.. I just did the --list-controller and it was not found. but I had not much time yesterday. I'll look at it again today.
ScoobyDoo wrote: You will not be able to play at 1080p on a model b, the pi 2 struggles and is only playable at 1080p after overclocking. Its not down to your connection speed but the power of the pi itself. I found upgrading to a pi2 made a big improvement for my set u p
ok, thanks. I tried streaming 1080p @ 30fps and it works. But anyway I'm upgrading on Thursday to the PI 2 :)

Update:
I cant get the controller working.
I did sudo xboxdrv via the id because it was not recognized. It says /dev/input/event0 should have been created successfully but there is no such device. I have full access to the folder.
Any suggestions?

UKZz HELLRAISER

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi, gonna say thanks for the development of Limelight first up. Absolutely loving it.
However, I have the exact same issue as another user has mentioned.

Everything works fine, except for the d-pad. Down is right, up is left, and vice-versa.

I've tried everything. Xboxdrv hasn't helped, nor custom mappings. It seems Limelight is ignoring any mapping I give it.

I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning, but I am running Limelight from the RetroPie image (launched via EmulationStation). I've tried making the script kill ES before launching Limelight, I've tried killing Xboxdrv and launching it with different parameters. Literally nothing has helped.

I have now uninstalled Xboxdrv, as it was actually making my situation worse, but for the life of me, I cannot find how to fix my d-pad issue.

AmigaGamer

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:55 pm

For a while now ive been "re-buying" my ps3 collection on gog/steam on offers and bundles etc, slowly migrating my collection back to PC. One thing thats been holding me back was the lack of "armchair gaming" , so ive been keeping my eyes open for a "steam link" type box.

I upgraded this weekend from a radeon card to a Nvidia 750ti. I absolutely love this software. Sat infront of my TV with a 360 controller and a 40inch TV with many of my games running flawlessly at 1080p/30 via limelight/gamestream.

Thanks for releasing this.

Only minor problem ive noticed is performance isnt good at 1080p/60 . Im using RPI2 and ethernet at 100mb. Getting a lot of audio stutter and slowdowns. Is this likely a PI2, ethernet speed or PC encoding bottleneck? no big deal though 1080/30 seems all good.

Myke

Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:50 pm

Which GeForce Experience version are you guys actually running?
I still get some very weird lag behaviour with the most recent version and have now downgraded to 2.1.3 - any experiences about that?

About some recent posts:
@JRJoe:
Are you sure it isn't there?
Maybe try to see if it is even recognized by the pi:
cat /proc/bus/input/devices
=> There should be some entry once it is.

@Hellraiser:
What and how exactly do you map your buttons?
I mean, this might sound stupid but maybe you have to "sudo" your xboxdrv command?

@AmigaGamer:
ScoobyDoo wrote a few posts above that the Pi 2 can barely manage 1080/30 fps when overclocked. So I guess that is the reason. Haven't tried myself.

UKZz HELLRAISER

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:35 pm

@Myke

Running the latest version of GFE and Limelight.

By map buttons, I mean a file telling Limelight what each button tells GFE to do. So I could map the controller to a keyboard by such, or have it emulate a controller which is what I try.

I have tried running the driver and Limelight both via sudo and my own user privilages. Both same result. I no longer have xboxdrv installed, however. It wasn't installed to begin with so when it made things worse than they were originally, I gave up with it straight away.

I might try spending some more time with Xboxdrv to see if I can map it correctly.

zadowsmash

Sat May 02, 2015 4:44 pm

caffeinepizza wrote:I'm having overscan issues with limelight. I can set the /boot/config.txt to subtract 20 pixels from my overscan with hdmi_mode=16 and hdmi_group=1, which is 1080i on my TV. No matter what resolutions I use, it always spills over out of the display. When I load TF2, the loading in the corner is cut off. Ideas?
Hi All,

I am also experiencing this same issue.

If I use my bedroom TV which is just a 720p LCD everything works absolutely perfectly.

However, If I use my lounge room TV which is a 1080p LCD, it spills out over the display. I have tried using overscan settings via /boot/config.txt which affects the pi console screen but as soon as I start streaming over limelight it doesn't have any affect.
Its driving me nuts, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

toudi

Fri May 08, 2015 6:48 am

Hi. I just got my pi2 b yeasterday. Got my retropie and limelight 1.2.2 working then easly paired with my laptop, but when i try to start streaming i got "unable to resolve host" error.

Any hints what I'm doing wrong?

UKZz HELLRAISER

Fri May 08, 2015 2:50 pm

toudi wrote:Hi. I just got my pi2 b yeasterday. Got my retropie and limelight 1.2.2 working then easly paired with my laptop, but when i try to start streaming i got "unable to resolve host" error.

Any hints what I'm doing wrong?
Sounds like you've got the wrong IP.
Make sure your Pi2 is connected, and ensure you've given Limelight the correct IP for your host.

Myke

Fri May 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Another behaviour question from my side: after playing a while with limelight, I can not stop the limelight stream using ctrl+c anymore. I have to stop by going to the host and closing GFE.
I can stop using ctrl+c if it only runs for a few minutes so it does work "in general". Anyone experiencing the same problem?

I've been using the GFE version 2.1.3 for a while now with far less stutter and lag than the current version. In case someone wonders why I use this specific version, see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=1699
I'm still not convinced the problem really is the current version but there is no consistent way to test it...

AmigaGamer

Sun May 10, 2015 10:41 am

Im trying to make this work with 2 xbox360 controllers. (ive had it working fine with 1 controller for a while now)

Both controllers work in the steam interface but controller 2 doesnt work in games - ive tried ultra streetfighter 4 and lego star wars upto now

I launch limelight with

java -jar limelight.jar stream -720 -60fps -mapping 360.map

Im starting xboxdrv with the following.

sudo xboxdrv --daemon --id 0 --led 2 --silent --trigger-as-button --next-controller --id 1 --led 3 --silent --trigger-as-button --dbus disabled --detach-kernel-driver &
My 360 map file

#Gamepad
#Sat Apr 25 12:10:58 UTC 2015
reverse_z=false
reverse_y=false
reverse_x=false
abs_rz=9
abs_ry=4
abs_rx=3
btn_start=315
btn_tl2=310
btn_select=314
btn_tr2=311
btn_west=307
btn_east=305
btn_south=304
btn_mode=316
btn_thumbr=318
btn_north=308
abs_z=10
Im guessing either I need to add something to limelight startup/configuration, or limelight isnt detecting the 2nd controller properly.
I did notice a recent bug and fix for a similar issue on android upstream so wonder if its related to that?

https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moo ... /issues/64
https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moo ... 7a6201de99

ScoobyDoo

Sun May 10, 2015 3:07 pm

Looks like its being ported over to C as we speak so no more Java.. hopefully this will give us a boost in performance.. :)

UKZz HELLRAISER

Sun May 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Performance is perfectly fine for myself. I just need my D-Pad to behave T_T

irtimmer

Sun May 10, 2015 10:44 pm

If people still has issues with their controller please fill a bug report on Github providing the full output of 'evtest' while using the problematic button/analog-stick/d-pad and a description of which buttons where pressed.

Correct mapping files would also be nice, so please upload your mapping files to the bug tracker plus the output of 'lsusb' and 'uname -a'. Hopefully some more gamepads can be made working out-of-the-box.

p.s. because of some trademarks problems Limelight Embedded has (again) be renamed to Moonlight Embedded

omerfirmak

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Mon May 11, 2015 6:51 am

Are there any solutions for input lag on 1080p60fps? I have a Raspi2 on wired network. No overclock. 1080p30fps works fine.

Return to “Gaming”